Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know the gun-control crowd likes to pretend they're on the side of law and order. And they love to paint gun owners as somehow on the side of criminals. But what they and their cohorts in the mainstream media never tell you is that their gun-control laws actually give criminals the upper hand.

Keep that in mind as I tell you about Keith Ingram, a Right-to-Carry holder from Tennessee. Early one recent morning, he woke up to the sounds of his cousin, who lives next door, begging for help. A man had broken into her home and was holding her sister. The two females, one aged 22 and one aged 12, had both been tied up by a convicted sex offender and attempted rapist who had broken into their home. One of the females was able to escape and run for help. She found her cousin.

Keith Ingram went next door armed with his pistol. When 44-year-old David Fleming attempted to attack Ingram, the gun owner defended himself. Fleming, the convicted sex offender, was killed. His two intended victims should be okay.

I'd like all those in favor of the D.C. gun ban to travel to Brighton, Tennessee, and look those two females in the eye. I'd like them to explain to that 12-year-old girl that, gosh, they're really happy she's okay, but they don't think her cousin should have had that firearm in his home.

And then I'd like Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton to talk to the more than 1,500 rape victims in Washington, D.C., since 2000. I'd like the senators to explain how they can claim to support the Second Amendment while continuing to insist that these victims remain disarmed and helpless. Not only can you not depend on yourself in D.C., you can't even hope for help from a neighbor. D.C.'s gun ban has emboldened criminals, who know that in the dark of night they have the upper hand over an unarmed citizenry.

More...

·
Registered
6,918 Posts
Hopefully the Supreme Court decision will be that the Second Amendment is an individual right of United States Citizens and the D.C. gun law can be repealed.

·
Registered
11,239 Posts
What I can't stand about the media

It is always the "if it bleeds - it leads" mentality in
the media. Think of the vast number of instances when
gun ownership stopped violence, perverted acts,
abduction of children, and so on that never make
the evening news or the local wipe.

P.S. I call it the local wipe because my now deceased
father said the only value of our local newspaper would
come in a time international toilet tissue shortage.

·
Registered
18,982 Posts
I believe that politicians in general are like the beast that breaks in to our homes in that they want us to be unarmed so that they can have their way with us.:angryfire:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts