Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would like to find some 11.43x50R brass, it is not very common but you won't know unless you ask. I have a Remington Rolling Block chambered in it and it would be fun to shoot the old gun. I have Donnelly's cartridge conversion manual but would rather find made ctgs rather than have to buy the outrageously expensive dies to form and FL size. As this is a BP ctg and it shoots a .45 cal lead bullet I can neck size with either a .45ACP die or .45LC die..decapping is done with a universal decapping tool...any leads are appreciated

·
Premium Member
4,556 Posts
I will keep my eyes open but have you checked places like Buffalo arms? They sell brass although it's about 2 dollars a case. If you want Egyptian headstamp for the caliber RCC brass also makes it but is 6 bucks a case.

Reactions: K75RT

·
Premium Member
4,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Buffalo is OOS presently, I put myself on their email list when it becomes available again... RCC makes a great product.. but I can wait for Buffalo or see what arises... If you see anything please let me know...Thank you.

Reactions: rando

·
Premium Member
9,768 Posts
Buffalo is OOS presently, I put myself on their email list when it becomes available again... RCC makes a great product.. but I can wait for Buffalo or see what arises... If you see anything please let me know...Thank you.
Buffalo Arms Co. is the only ones I know also that sell the brass and reasonable. . They are also cheaper than a few others.

·
Premium Member
6,405 Posts
I have reloaded the .43 Egyptian round for the past 40 years. It is not a 45 caliber. It is .440-442 but variations are wild. Do a casting of the chamber and throat.
This was a greatly improved BP Ctg in it's day. It is very close to the famous .44-77 Sharps, loads for the .44-77 Sharps are great in the .43 E. The Dutch Beaumont is the same round and a reformed 50-70 brass works. Paper patched bullets reduce the leading. My choice is cast lead powder coated bullets.

·
Premium Member
6,405 Posts
I have reloaded the .43 Egyptian round for the past 40 years. It is not a 45 caliber. It is .440-442 but variations are wild. Do a casting of the chamber and throat.
This was a greatly improved BP Ctg in it's day. It is very close to the famous .44-77 Sharps. The Dutch Beaumont is the same round and a reformed 50-70 brass works.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts