Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in search of a Swedish mauser in the original military configuration in good condition. This rifle needs to be a shooter, so the condition of the barrel is critical. I do not want to buy at any of the web-auctions because the definition of what is good is rather up to the interpretation of the seller, who often seems to be on crack. Any leads?

·
Premium Member
23,774 Posts
Buy a Shotgun News, check out their ads.

·
Registered
9,224 Posts
no leads, if i see one i'd grab it myself. dont worry about the bore so much, as long as it doesnt look like a sewer pipe, most swedes will shoot well under 2" even with a slightly dark bore.

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
houndawg,

I had to go out and search for both of mine and both of them were trade-ins to a couple of local gun shops (dumb chit heads!).

But, then again, I bought mine before they became as popular as they are now and, at the time, I didn't see any in ads any where. I just knew their reputations and snatched them as I found them.

Even with that I can't recall seeing any in ads except for a few times from SOG and that was a while back.

It might not hurt to call SOG, AIM, Tennessee Guns, Kentucky Guns, Florida Guns, etc. and ask if they have waiting lists for the Swede.

I'd also call around to the local mom and pop shops and ask them.

Then there is the fall-back-on of the gun shows if you have them in your neck of the woods.

The only bad thing about the gun shows these days, in my opinion, is that you have to be careful of what you are buying and from whom....I don't know of any private seller at one that has a warranty program.

Good luck...they are one helluva rifle!

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
What if . . . I hade a really nice Swede and would drop it off at the home of a moderator and allow HIM to give you his unbiased opinion of the rifle??

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dookiebutt said:
What if . . . I hade a really nice Swede and would drop it off at the home of a moderator and allow HIM to give you his unbiased opinion of the rifle??
I would rather you dropped it off at my house, so that I may form an unbiased opinion as a basic platform from which to engage in negotiation regarding the possibility of incorporating the rifle into my sphere of influence.

Dale:

Thanx. Sadly I do not have the time to go to gunshows. Really. I am a new Immigrant to the US and I am currently working 14 - 16 hour days, 7 days a week. My passion is and has always been accurate military bolt-rifles, and while I may not know much, I do know what a bore in decent shape is supposed to look like, so warranties do not bother me much. My second job is as an assistant to a very knowledgeable local gunsmith, so I have access to a variety of handy little gadgets, if there should be any minor glitches.

The closest I have gotten as yet is Samcoglobal.com, and they only have barreled actions for the m96 left. They do have a sniper, but I can't play in games where the stakes are that high.

I am possibly going to see a chap in Winchester County by the name of Ray Judge, who runs a fairly large gunshop. That will depend on what the traffic looks like, because every freak and/or weirdo in the Lower 48 has come to town to push up the gas price and make the place untidy. God!!!! Bonaroo. Wish I had an M1 Abrams.

Thank you for thaking the time to give me some info.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts