Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking for a set of seat covers for my truck, but have run into the trap of analysis paralysis, since I've not seen any first hand. My truck seats are light colored and seem to attract dirt, food, grease and blood. I haven't put seat covers on anything since my "pony blanket" cover on my '91 F150, and figured the guys on her might have a few recommendations for a fitted seat cover.

I've been looking at Marathon, and Cover Craft, but open to other options.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
I've been looking for a set of seat covers for my truck, but have run into the trap of analysis paralysis, since I've not seen any first hand. My truck seats are light colored and seem to attract dirt, food, grease and blood. I haven't put seat covers on anything since my "pony blanket" cover on my '91 F150, and figured the guys on her might have a few recommendations for a fitted seat cover.

I've been looking at Marathon, and Cover Craft, but open to other options.
We bought Marathon cordura with mossy oak inset color. Tough as nails, almost puncture resistant and waterproof too. They can be washed if necessary too. Bought them for my 2018 F250 and later for her 2014 F150. Only grip I have is with the console cover that attaches with velcro. Velcro comes loose and doesn't stay stuck to inside of plastic console. I guess I'll have to use some screws in it. It took about 6 weeks each order to receive. Made well and made in USA.

·
Since 03-15- 2002
27,704 Posts
I recently installed Neosupreme from cover king in the F-150. I had the same covers on my 02 GMC for about 5-6 years and they held up very well.
for extreme duty they have ballistic nylon. I kind of wish I got that for the back seat as that’s where the pooch goes. That said, the covers I had in the GMC held up well.
I got a separate universal fit ballistic cover from Chewy.com for the back. Cost wasn’t much >$20 I think.
We like the set up a lot.

·
Premium Member
24,794 Posts
You might try this source. Here's a link for their Ebay store.

·
Registered
5,521 Posts
I use seat covers from Amazon - can't recall the exact brand but they have elastic straps that make them fit pretty well.
My main concern was something that could not soak through and I could remove/replace easily.

Part of my job was to inspect paint application on structural steel and it was too easy to get paint on my clothes that I might not notice. (Yeah, that 's what coveralls are for but sometimes a quick, simple task turned into a larger operation before I would realize it). My seats are a dark gray so black covers blend in pretty well.

·
Since 03-15- 2002
27,704 Posts
I use seat covers from Amazon - can't recall the exact brand but they have elastic straps that make them fit pretty well.
My main concern was something that could not soak through and I could remove/replace easily.

Part of my job was to inspect paint application on structural steel and it was too easy to get paint on my clothes that I might not notice. (Yeah, that 's what coveralls are for but sometimes a quick, simple task turned into a larger operation before I would realize it). My seats are a dark gray so black covers blend in pretty well.
I’ve been in paint and paint equipment for about 26 yrs. I learned real quick to buy my clothes at good will type joints.

·
Registered
10,094 Posts
I’ve been in paint and paint equipment for about 26 yrs. I learned real quick to buy my clothes at good will type joints.

My job often required me to, unexpectedly, climb on, crawl under & otherwise make contact with dirty, greasy equipment. Ruined some shirts & slacks the first day I wore them. I bought clothes on clearance, winter duds in the spring & summer clothes in the fall. I have shirts that cost me $2 & pants as low as $4. Some of my "dressy clothes" I still have, after 12 years of retirement (& never wear), cost me pennies on the dollar.

Back to thread subject: I've seen advertisement on TV about laser cut floor mats, etc. Can't remember the name & not sure they also have seat covers, but might be a place to look.

·
Gun Toting Boeing Driver
20,917 Posts
Thanks, Jerry for the suggestions. Had tried some 'universal' seat covers for the cloth seats on the insight but they slipped too much (kids and pets are hard on cars). They might just be the ticket (although a bit spendy) when the cloth gets torn up a bit more.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I finally got around to ordering a set of seat covers for the truck, and went with the Coverking Genuine Neoprene. My wife just happened upon an ad for one of those wholesale stores. I picked up a full set (front and back seats) for $279. They normally retailed over $500, so I'm not feeling too bad about it.

Thanks for everyone's input

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The seat covers I ordered finally arrived and I got them installed today. I was a little concerned that the tan color looked a little greenish at first, but once out in the daylight they don't look too bad. There are a few wrinkles, but I'm sure they will come out once there is a little heat on them.

Thanks for the advise fellas

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
1 - 19 of 19 Posts