Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a small Rossi 68 (5 shot 2" barrel), and a full sized 1911.

I'm looking for a good concealed holster for each of these.

I'm 5'7" and of average weight.

I'm thinking a shoulder rig for the 1911,

But I have no clue what to do with my Rossi. It's been going into my jacket pocket, but it's almost fallen out at times, so it's time to find something new.

I'd love to hear suggestions as well as see pics of your concealed set up.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I've been carrying my S&W model 60 for years in one of these Galco holsters. I love it. Pic from the Galco catalogue.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
I like my Uncle Mike's Sidekick inside the waistband for my snubbie.

I'm about your size and I have a couple of shoulder holsters that I like for my 5" Model 60, but even in the winter I find that they have concealment problems for everyday wear.

·
Registered
18 Posts
It depends on how you would prefer to carry, Inside or outside the waistband. For IWB my favorite is a desantis nemesis...it is a sleeve type holster that stays in place with a really tacky surface on the outside. Only problem is that there is no retention. You have to wear it with a snug belt. The reason I like it is that I can switch between appendix, small of back, and behind the hip carry...all with one holster. For OWB I carry a fobus paddle. The fobus is great for day to day carry with a jacket to cover it. It has a passive retention system (friction lock on the inside holds on to the trigger guard.) Another great option for OWB carry (and probably my next holster purchase) is the blackhawk SERPA holster...its a kydex holster with a push button retention system. i would really recommend a paddle holster over a belt holster due to ease of removal. I often go into places where I cant take my gun, so the paddle makes on and off really quick and easy (no opening the belt!)
hope this helps!

·
Registered
53 Posts
The Nemesis mentioned below or another good pocket holster would do for the Rossi. I use a Nemesis for my Beretta Tomcat .32, which is my carry gun when I'm on my bike. Goes in my jacket pocket, spare mags in the other pocket.

For alot of my bigger guns I like Uncle Mike's Kydex paddle holsters. I have one for my 1911, They are comfortable, conceal well, and the paddle makes it easy on/off. The price is good too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts