Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone
I am looking for a mosin nagant rifle crate to make into a coffee table. My boyfriend passed away two months ago at 26 years old and he was a collector of mosins and always wanted to make a table out of a crate. I know crates are so expensive now so not sure if it’s even possible to buy one empty.

· Premium Member
10,589 Posts
Hi everyone
I am looking for a mosin nagant rifle crate to make into a coffee table. My boyfriend passed away two months ago at 26 years old and he was a collector of mosins and always wanted to make a table out of a crate. I know crates are so expensive now so not sure if it’s even possible to buy one empty.
Welcome to Gun & Game. When the Mosin Nagants were plentiful you could buy the crates at the local gun shows after they were emptied. I would see 6 or more crates full of rifles sold and then the crates. I dont see many being being imported the past few years. You may have to look around to maybe locate one. Ii am not sure what area you are in though. Back when the rifles were like $70 each I bought a whole crate of them. I never really examined they to this day and still in the crate with a table cloth over crate. I have them in my basement. I have seen pics of the crates having the top lid mostly cut out and edge routed out and Glass top installed. Then small LED lights under the lid like clear small Christmas type lights. Looks nice like that. The thing is the cost of shipping these crates if you cant find one local.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.