close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Looks like my kind of place!

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by RandyMac, Aug 25, 2002.

1. RandyMac

RandyMac G&G Newbie

I just signed up as a member. From what I seen, it looks like I'll be checking in every day. I own several Nagants of various models, and will be adding to the collection. Yes those M-44's are addictive (have 3)
    See you all later
    Randy Mac

2. PAPA G

PAPA G G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

welcome RandyMac. did you know the surgeon general has said that mosins are a serious factor in declining wealth???;)

3. JAMES

JAMES G&G Newbie

Ah well, who considers wealth when surrounded by the sweet aroma of surplus ammo, linseed and gun oils, powder residue, and old leather; teased by the fulfilling view of seasoned firearms, weathered stocks from the corners of the globe, and expended brass casings.....wait a minute, what's this old, dirty sock doing in here ?

I echo Papa G's welcome, RandyMac, to the healthful abode of Gun & Game !

4. MarkII 22

MarkII 22 G&G Newbie

RandyMac just ignore any thang I got to say:D welcome to g&g and PAPA G any gun dose that:D ;)

5. Welcome to the Mosin-Nagant therapy forum. We have excellent counselors here and are willing to help you in any Mosin related crises. The addiction thing is a myth. I havent gotten another Mosin in about a month. Its always possible to relapse though...

6. Calvin

Calvin G&G Newbie

RandyMac, you will learn how to camoflauge your next Mosin purchase from your substantial other and live to tell about it. You will also learn the old "THAT thing? Oh, I have had that for years now. Must've gotten lost in the sock drawer" anytime you are found out. And, when you make Jedi status, you will be able to use The Force to pull money from the bank account, at will, from anywhere, and purchase that Mosin you saw in the pawn/gun store window that needed a good home. Watch and learn, young RandyMac. There is much to learn.
    BTW, no one here, including Papa G and NRAJoe, has reached Jedi status, but it sure as hell is fun trying!!:rolleyes:
    Welcome aboard and hope you enjoy yourself!!
    ;):)

7. RandyMac

RandyMac G&G Newbie

Thanks for the welcome

Your'e response was all I could have asked for, I hope to develope the proper sense of humor:)~
    Alas the addiction is well seated, I found myself haunting the Empire Arms web site looking under the pre 1898 no FFL needed rifles section. I really need another Finnish Nagant, maybe a M-27 this time. A companion piece for the M-39, this logic lead to multiple M-44's....

Randy Mac

8. Calvin

Calvin G&G Newbie

Aaah, NOW you're gonna find out that all of this leads to another thing-the C&R FFL. It's almost a prerequisite to have one when you're talking Mosins!!
    Yes, one leads to another, but when you have an 03 FFL, one leads to OTHERS, and at a dealer price!
    You don't have to have a mental condition to hang out here, but it is a definite plus!!:D

9. Welcome aboard RandyMac.

You haven't got any shore leave contraband on you do you?

Ah, another MN fan. To tell the truth I picked one up a couple of weeks ago. Almost afraid to fire it since, as it stands, I have no hard core addicitons yet, lol.

My love for guns began about 20 years ago when I took a bucket of gun parts and a gun that wouldn't fire in trade for my ex wife. Boy, did I make out on that one! he he he he.

The gun still doesn't shoot and I bet she is still shooting her mouth off.

10. Calvin

Calvin G&G Newbie

When you traded, did you sign any releases, Dale? :D

11. I gave him a 30 minute exchange/return policy. Now, he's stuck with her, he he he he.

12. Welcome aboard, therapy sessions are held weekly. Just about got two friends hooked this weekend with the ol' 44 fireball, you could see that glazed look in the eyes.....

13. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

Welcome, RandyMac. The Mosin Movement is growing. I have it on good authority that the KGB used to put a drug into their cosmoline that turns a new first time owner into a raving Mosin-buyer. It's an addiction many of us are afflicted with. There is no known cure, but it can be treated with periodic new Mosin purchases. The disease is the cure! Happy shooting.

14. Dear Miss Mosin-Nagant,
    I have a problem that I hope you can help me with. I love my family. My wife is wonderful and the 11 kids are each a seperate dream-come-true. Now to my problem...I am having an affair.
    If she were an ordinary vixen I could just say "no" and save my marriage but she is not. She is twice as old as I am and bears scars and blemishes that reveal her difficult youth. Whats more...she has an explosive personality, a firey temper and smells of well worn leather & musk....not very feminine at all.
    What do I do? This exotic harlot from the East has me in her clutches and I don't want to let go.

15. Dennis

Dennis G&G Evangelist

Texas
    Stop fighting, it it will only make it worse.
    Just remember that you must thoruoghly clean the cosmoline from you weapon, because body heat will cause the cosmiline to flow out and stain the bed sheets while you are asleep............

So I Heard..................

16. BattleRifleG3

BattleRifleG3 G&G Evangelist

If you think Nagants drain your wealth... Don't even think about Garands. Or HKs for that matter. Oh, if only I was addicted to Nagants...

17. PAPA G

PAPA G G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

look deeply into the crystal ball, i forsee wonderful things coming your way m-91, m91/30, m-38, m-44. American, Russian, Finn, Polish, Hungarian,Romanian, Chinese infintesimal variations. abject poverty, strained relationships, the hunger for only one more. BattlerifleG3 semi autos are nice, but real manly men gather Mosin-Nagant:nod: :D