Louisiana Roll Call

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by BrianP, Aug 26, 2010.

1. I just joined the forum here, and I see that the Louisiana section is new, too. If you are from Louisiana, give a shout out on this thread. What do you collect? Where do you shoot? Any gun shows coming up? Tell us more about you!

I posted more details in my thread over in the introduction section. I live in St. Tammany Parish. I don't own any yet, but I am looking to purchase some World War II era rifles. I have a thing for bolt actions - I love them!

2. Brian there are a few members from the great state of Louisiana that are'nt here right now.
    I live near El Dorado, Ar. about 12 miles from the northern center of Louisianas border.

Where about in Louisiana do you live ?...A.H

3. tommy

tommy G&G Enthusiast

i'm from down here in schriever..i have a few ak's an ar and a few others.

4. I'm in the vicinity of Westwego, I not so much a collecter as a shooter. I have a number of revolvers most of them in .45 LC most of them Rugers a few rifles (Old west or "Cowboy" types or bolt action.) A shotgun or three and one semi auto pistol. 22 caliber.

5. BigCaneSwift

BigCaneSwift G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

From Big Cane, Louisiana. South central part of the state farm country.

6. tommy

tommy G&G Enthusiast

where you from big cane?i'm down here in the middle of the cane fields about 5 miles north of houma.

7. BigCaneSwift

I am about 40 minutes north of Lafayette

8. mudbug

mudbug G&G Newbie

Mudbug here I'm about 9 miles from alittle town called Marthaville. I love to hunt and fish and ride the back roads on my big bear.

9. A5Mag12

A5Mag12 G&G Newbie

I used to hunt the two cypress brakes down that way. Before everything got leased up. Wish I could have seen the future I would have gotton the lease on everything I could have around those brakes. Would have let the locals keep deer hunting on it for just the small fee of leaving the ducks alone.

Also have a friend who lives in Ajax.

Myself I grew up in Keithville south of Shreveport.

10. jfreakofkorn

jfreakofkorn G&G Newbie

Im from the New Orleans area

11. belmor

belmor G&G Newbie

Monroe here!

~B~

12. cowboy4hire

cowboy4hire G&G Newbie

Build my own rifle

I'm from Iowa, LA cattle country. I would like to build my own rifle.

13. BigCaneSwift

Howdy Cowboy welcome from Big Cane ,Louisiana

14. I live near Waterproof. I know. There is no place in Louisiana that is waterproof. Actually, there are two towns called Waterproof. I am from the more northern one.
    I shoot and reload for anything that goes bang.

15. tommy

tommy G&G Enthusiast

there is plenty of waterproof areas in louisiana they are called "overpasses"lol

16. SilverRun

SilverRun G&G Enthusiast

MS
    Well, I live not too far from ya in MS, but work in New Orleans. Does that count? Welcome to the forum... Hope you made it to the gun show in slidell last weekend - they had lots of surplus WW II stuff lying around. Kinda pricey though...

17. brengolio

brengolio G&G Newbie

I'm from the Baton Rouge area........... little town called Prairieville.........

18. tommy

tommy G&G Enthusiast

welcome brengolio my fellow coonass.

19. WeldonHunter

WeldonHunter G&G Newbie

Claiborne Parish here dead center northern Louisiana in a little place called Weldon. I can almost spit in Corney Lake.

20. Boone

Boone G&G Regular

Hey Guys, I live in Ruston La. north central, 4 miles from La. Tech. I am part owner of a range that we shoot 22 matches on the 4th Saturday until Nov. and 300 yds. centerfire on the 2nd Sat. I shoot in both matches and won Factory HB in the last 22 match, and just won the 300 Yd. match today with a 6BR. I love to hunt and fish and shoot. Big Cane has come up and shot with us and is coming back. We would love to have U guys come up and shoot with us.