Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long story really short 17yrs ago i met a woman. We engaged, in Germany. She left then broke up with me. My EX
Around 16yrs ago i met another woman and im still with her.
Thanksgiving, i got a text. My EX got my number from my mom who disowned me, prolly out of revenge. 1st i herd from my ex in 16 yrs+ ..
I thought little of her, on purpose. But since thanksgiving, i realize im not fully over her, im kinda love 2 women.
Shes 1,000s of miles away so im good, i think. But if she wasn't I may be likely more than tempted for the 1st time....
But dang! Christmas is coming & im nervous if she will text again.
Normal to still love an EX?
We got along, everything was fine, then she was gone. Cant ask anyone else.
I dont want either lashing at the other, i want Peace. So i aint Ssid Shit.
But love stinks. I got along so well with the ex and i get along well with my wife...
If i wasnt married i may have tried to go back to the ex.
Both are good friends

Reactions: TXplt

·
Wonderment :)
33,490 Posts
Wolf7: Sir; you've made the right decision :). God put "Mrs.Wolf7" in your life. Knowing :) yawl will grow old together. Sometimes we forget Sometimes we wonder about that past moment.
Trust; you've proven that your decision is the best decision you've made.
God blessed you :)

·
God, Guns, Glory
34,695 Posts
Dangerous waters ahead!
Something doesn't feel right about this.

There is a old saying that still rings true.
'A Bird in the Hand is Worth Two in the Bush'

Personally, I would DELETE the text in a heart beat and get a new phone#. Continue to be faithful to the wife, and let her know how much you love HER!

·
Registered
11,270 Posts
in some way you become entwined with many hundreds of people and things throughout your life.
mom, girls, buddy's, dogs, cars, that deer you snuck up on one time.
some become a little more a part of you than others.
just because they ain't there physically doesn't mean you aren't still bound together through the fabric of the universe.

she probably just wanted to say hi.
or got to thinking about the circumstances under which she left and felt bad about things.... or whatever.
if you don't answer she will probably drop it and move along again.
[shrug]
nothing wrong with texting her back to see what she wants.
I wouldn't hide it, and would say something to the current one before doing so.

besides it was 16 years ago, she probably looks like Roseanne barr bout now.

·
God, Guns, Glory
34,695 Posts
I just noticed that you have two identical threads going.

Here is what I replied in the other one.
Dangerous waters ahead!
Something doesn't feel right about this.

There is a old saying that still rings true.
'A Bird in the Hand is Worth Two in the Bush'

Personally, I would DELETE the text in a heart beat and get a new phone#. Continue to be faithful to the wife, and let her know how much you love HER!

·
Premium Member
9,640 Posts
I am thinking something aint right. After 16 years your ex all of a sudden contacts you. But why I would ask myself. Now you have been with another woman that length of time. If she finds out then it would maybe hurt her badly and destroy your current relationship. I dated a girl which was younger than me back in the early 80's. She decided to go after another guy so I let it go. I have been married and raised a family since then and have grand children. I also got divorced and started another family and kids. That one I was forced to end because of issues with her as she was younger than me also. Now about three months ago Ii get these texts from the girl I dated back in the early 80's. She is still married to same guy. She is unhappy now with that guy and wants to divorce him. She texts me sometimes and hints around about the good times we had and she should have stayed with me. First of all I was friends with her sister and that is how she got my number to text me. I explained to her that I am done and over her about 40 years ago. She made her decision. I am single now and living happy and not interested. I am ok with being friends. I am not going to mess with a marriage as its not right. I would leave well enough alone myself.

·
Since 03-15- 2002
27,575 Posts
Pretty much what R5R said.
People are people. I’ve spoken to my old HS GF from 38 or so yrs ago, she’s my good friends sister. My wife is mature enough to know I’m not going to go chase after my old first love who happens to be happily married with 3 adult children. Besides I don’t have enough energy for such shenanigans. I’m doing good to work, fish and hunt a little.

Sent from my iPhone using Gun and Game

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Long story really short 17yrs ago i met a woman. We engaged, in Germany. She left then broke up with me. My EX
Around 16yrs ago i met another woman and im still with her.
Thanksgiving, i got a text. My EX got my number from my mom who disowned me, prolly out of revenge. 1st i herd from my ex in 16 yrs+ ..
I thought little of her, on purpose. But since thanksgiving, i realize im not fully over her, im kinda love 2 women.
Shes 1,000s of miles away so im good, i think. But if she wasn't I may be likely more than tempted for the 1st time....
But dang! Christmas is coming & im nervous if she will text again.
Normal to still love an EX?
We got along, everything was fine, then she was gone. Cant ask anyone else.
I dont want either lashing at the other, i want Peace. So i aint Ssid crap.
But love stinks. I got along so well with the ex and i get along well with my wife...
If i wasnt married i may have tried to go back to the ex.
Both are good friends
Why trust or love someone willing ditch you at a moments notice with no reason? Relationships are built on trust. Let the past be the past. You have a loving wife that you also love, why stir things up that will surely cause pain and trouble? If she contacts you, you should tell her how great your life is with your current wife and that if she respects you at all she will leave you alone

·
Premium Member
24,835 Posts
It's REALLY unwise to take any type of marital advice from a pilot.

So's I'll just sit this one out :) .
I CAN RELATE TO THAT!!!! LOL!!!!!

We jet jocks DO tend to LEAP before we LOOK, when it comes to women!!;)

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I should say 1st text in November i blurted out who the hell is this..
So i told the wife that one. Next one i deleated and i been mum is the word with fingers crossed.
Yes i got feelings for both, and i wish i were Morman.

Reactions: cjleete

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Some of the ones i wouldve went to to talk things like this over with. .. have passed away. And i was Army!
Dig the Ditch #### The ######
Didnt think of settling, or i would be with someone so long, or hear blasts from the past..
I appreciate yall takin the min to share with me your opinion.

Reactions: Rocky7

·
Premium Member
2,955 Posts
20191222_170031.jpg

Listen to the sage advice that has already been given.... L-I-S-T-E-N!!!!

The fact that you already have a concern should really answer your own question. Look, my husband had many female friends and at times the dialog would be flirty or what many would view as inappropiate for a married man...but he hid nothing from me and I trusted him as a result, so I was never concerned he would go sideways on me - - he also knew the consequences lol. He treated me in the same manner when I interacted with my guy friends....and those of you who have been around me know I can be a bit...provacative. That said, if I found out he was doing or saying things behind my back, I would consider that as if he were actually fooling around...whether he was or not. Appearances can doom you the same as if you actually dipped your stinger in the honey pot. Beware, you are treading on dangerous ground.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
You're not in love with her. You have an attachment to a fantasy, as neither you nor her are the same person you were back then and honestly, have no idea as to the person she is now, and vice versa. I've stayed friends with my first ex but we're honest with each other and both will admit that we screwed up way back when we got divorced, but hindsight is always 20/20, and most times isn't accurate. If anything I'd say you're in "lust", with the woman she was back then.

·
Premium Member
24,835 Posts
You're not in love with her. You have an attachment to a fantasy, as neither you nor her are the same person you were back then and honestly, have no idea as to the person she is now, and vice versa. I've stayed friends with my first ex but we're honest with each other and both will admit that we screwed up way back when we got divorced, but hindsight is always 20/20, and most times isn't accurate. If anything I'd say you're in "lust", with the woman she was back then.
Yup. Fixated on the way she was then.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts