close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

M .59/55

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Dale, May 7, 2002.

1. M .59/66

I received an e-mail ad from InterOrdnance which has an M.59/66 for $299.

The rifle looks like an SKS but I'm not familiar with the M.59/66 description.

Can anyone shed some light...is it an SKS....a variant......country that made it.......caliber.......etc.,?

Thanks.

Last edited: May 8, 2002
  2. BattleRifleG3

BattleRifleG3 G&G Evangelist

Yes, it is a version of the SKS from Yugoslavia. Same caliber. Differences are a grenade launcher, closable gas valve, and no chrome lined barrel. Conditions vary. www.centerfiresystems has the lowest grade for $100. Better grades go up accordingly. $300 sounds like it would be the highest grade.

I've been trying to find out myself which parts interchange, and most of what I hear is "probably" and "maybe." Been thinkin about getting a low grade for a project.

3. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

Check out Tuco's Gunboards (gunboards.com) as they have a lot of info on the Yugos. They have even identified the serial number groups that have the rare Tritium nightsights! Also, a good discussion on the holes in the grenade launcher, which s/n have 'em and which don't.
    I like mine. It's proven highly accurate with Rem/UMC ammo, though it doesn't like the cheap Wolf stuff.

4. Thanks for the input....much 'preciated...yepper.

5. BattleRifleG3

BattleRifleG3 G&G Evangelist

Since this is an SKS, you can probably find out a bit more on the SKS forum.

6. Calvin

Calvin G&G Newbie

Battle, everything but the gas cylinder/piston is interchangeable. All internals will interchange. HTH