Gun and Game Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,653 Posts
All right, we have mounted the new bases. Fit is good. I had a set of spare nice Weaver low profile rings. I put everything together. It looked good, till I bore sighted it. Same problem! So, we have determined it is miss drilled a bit. I am getting the Millet adjustable rings today!
Hope it compensates for the hole or holes drilled off of center. Those Millet rings have a lot of adjustment.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Got the scope all finished today! Bore sight complete. These adjustable rings can be a pain! Got it done though! The problem was with the rear tap and drill. The holes were drilled at a slight left slant instead of straight up and down. Had a little gunsmithing lesson today and a bit of a lesson on blueing metal. It all seems to be ok. Off to the range to sight it in! Thanks

·
Premium Member
24,593 Posts
Great, I hope rando and some others here got you on the road to getting that Swede sorted out.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Finally got to the range on New Year's day. First shots were a 2 inch group left of center about 12 clicks! Not bad I would say! Gonna go back and fine tune it with my boys tommorow afternoon! Thanks for the help

21 - 24 of 24 Posts