Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My eyes are failing. I have a match front sight with a width of approx .065 which is a blur at this point. The original is better at a width of approx .075 but I've been googling for hours without success looking for an even wider front sight.

I did find a Lyman type target front sight with inserts for around $80.00 but I want a plain old thick bladed post with the protective wings off to the left and right. It's just a faster sight for me to find my target with esp. during rapid fire competition DCM/CMP.

Can anyone help with a web site or perhaps be selling a custom made sight..? I'm thinking width size around .95 would be perfect. Yaa I know it's going to overpower a twelve inch bullseye at 200 yards but it's all a blurr anymore even with glasses.

·
Registered
886 Posts
You could get somebody to add solder to a spare front sight, or braze it, and then file it down to the width you want. Neither method will destroy the front sight and it can be brought back to USGI. Just be sure to get the height between the center of the bore to top of the front sight back to standard. Not too hard, as you can file the lead or brass down until you find the top of the front sight.

What is the plastic that some people use for building up metals? It might just do the job, TOO!

`

1 - 2 of 2 Posts