Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok to be square, I dont know much about the M1 Garand, is it a nice gun? If so how much to they price around, I might look into buying one at the lone star convention center in Conroe on Sept 11 < ironic isint it, anyways can someone inform me about them?

·
Registered
8,921 Posts
TX Soldier go look at the CMP website if you shoot more than 50 rounds a year and can meet basic club membership requirments than you can get a nice one under $500 that's far less than you will pay at any show for one great rifle -- www.odcmp.com

I got several in April and I am very happy with them and you get a functional piece of or Military History.

Regarding the rifle as a newbie myself to them I have found them a lot of fun to shoot and they do offer the ability for you to shoot a heavy cartridge without paying the penalty that a bolt gun inflicts on its user. Just watch out for the dreaded M1 Thumb I have been told it is very very painful.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Welcome TheTexasSoldier,
Shaun is giving you the best deal around. The CMP Garands come with papers showing that it's the real thing. This site has a great group of guys who will help you with data.
Have fun be safe
Thanks again
Clancy

·
Registered
321 Posts
Howdy Texas Soldier, For your club affiliation, why not join the Texas State Rifle Association? They are a CMP affiliate and it's only $20 per year. They have a lot of shoots during the year and are a great group. Think I'm gonna spring for one of the Greek SG rifles here soon. Never owned a Garand but shot a friends recently. Sure is a smooth and accurate rifle.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Heard there was quite a wait on the Dane SGs, but may have misread some stuff on the CMP site. Once I send in all the paperwork I really don't want to wait on it. Maybe I will go that route though, if the Danes are in better shape.Anyone have any pics of their CMP rifles?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.