Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok to be square, I dont know much about the M1 Garand, is it a nice gun? If so how much to they price around, I might look into buying one at the lone star convention center in Conroe on Sept 11 < ironic isint it, anyways can someone inform me about them?

·
Registered
8,921 Posts
TX Soldier go look at the CMP website if you shoot more than 50 rounds a year and can meet basic club membership requirments than you can get a nice one under $500 that's far less than you will pay at any show for one great rifle -- www.odcmp.com

I got several in April and I am very happy with them and you get a functional piece of or Military History.

Regarding the rifle as a newbie myself to them I have found them a lot of fun to shoot and they do offer the ability for you to shoot a heavy cartridge without paying the penalty that a bolt gun inflicts on its user. Just watch out for the dreaded M1 Thumb I have been told it is very very painful.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Welcome TheTexasSoldier,
Shaun is giving you the best deal around. The CMP Garands come with papers showing that it's the real thing. This site has a great group of guys who will help you with data.
Have fun be safe
Thanks again
Clancy

·
Registered
11,913 Posts
If you're not affiliated with CMP yet, like me, you can still find good ones around at decent prices. Any particular reason you're attracted to this gun?

·
Registered
8,921 Posts
BRG CMP affiliation is simple now they will even accept range master sign offs showing you have fired at least 50 rounds. Joining an affiliated club is simple they can direct you to a club from their site.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Howdy Texas Soldier, For your club affiliation, why not join the Texas State Rifle Association? They are a CMP affiliate and it's only $20 per year. They have a lot of shoots during the year and are a great group. Think I'm gonna spring for one of the Greek SG rifles here soon. Never owned a Garand but shot a friends recently. Sure is a smooth and accurate rifle.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Heard there was quite a wait on the Dane SGs, but may have misread some stuff on the CMP site. Once I send in all the paperwork I really don't want to wait on it. Maybe I will go that route though, if the Danes are in better shape.Anyone have any pics of their CMP rifles?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts