M1 Garand/Quiz/Hard

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by eclancy, Oct 20, 2002.

1. eclancy

eclancy Guest

Hi all,
    Thanks guys for the comeback. Remember, you can get some of these answers from the two Vol of the Garand Papers. I have for sale on the net. As well as the CD of 1940 Army Corps films on the Garand. This is a HARD quiz.
    How many M1 Winchester Garands were delivered on the Winchester educational order in Jan. 1941 ?
    Have fun
    Thanks again
    Clancy

2. 500????????????????

500???????????????

DANA

3. eclancy

eclancy Guest

DANA,
    SORRY THAT'S NOT THE ANSWER.
    THANKS AGAIN
    CLANCY

4. leemozoid

leemozoid G&G Addict

Dana,

You're correct that 500 was the total amount of the initial "Educational Order". What Ed's looking for is how many of that order were delivered in 1/1941. I found it but think I'll let the kids play, Ed. I'll be ordering V2 later this week. Set one out for me!

Steven

5. I've heard nothing but good about Ed's information on the M1 - I guess I'll have to start saving my pennies!

6. eclancy

eclancy Guest

Hi all,
    This is part of what I call Wincester-Gate the files also have a bunch of Gate's. Thanks Steve for not letting it out yet. Rich I think you will find a ton of data in my Vol's that Ordnance did not want to get out at the time.
    Have fun
    Thanks again
    Clancy

7. eclancy

eclancy Guest

Hi all,
    Winchester gave Ordnance 100 M1 Garands in Dec. of 1940. As of Feb. 1941 Ordnance had only received 300 total of the Educational Order. Ordance files show that the final shipment on these rifles were received by Ordnance on Mar. 10, 1941. This put Winchester behind at the very start of their contract.
    I hope this data helps
    Thanks again
    Clancy