close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

m1 sights

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by flyboy1592, Jul 23, 2002.

1. flyboy1592

flyboy1592 G&G Newbie

hey, I just getting the chance to take my garand (mostly a mixer from riverbank armory )over to the range in a day or two. I was wondering how i can adjust the sights at one hundred yards, no more.

ps- man that gun is big its alittle more than half my height!

2. Do you know how to sight it in at all? Email me @ ltcboy@aol.com and I will tell you how to do it. Its very easy.

3. Flyboy--

Set your sights at the lowest point. @ 100 yrds each click represents 1" moa. Shoot three shot @ 100 yrds. You then form a triangle with the three shot group. From the middle of that triangle you measure how far you are to the bullseye. For example if you were 6inches below you would move your elevation up 6 clicks. @ 200 yards this would be 3 clicks. You basically do the same for your windage. You want to make sure that your rear sight is at battlesight zero(the lines are line up in the middle on the rear sight). If they are off by a lot the front sight needs to be adjusted.If my rear sight is within four inches I wont touch the front sight. So if the three shots you fired were 4 inches to the right, @ 100yrds you adjust the rear windage 4 clicks, @ 200 it would be 2 clicks. Do you follow this??

Hope this helps