M14 Rifle History and Development

Discussion in 'M14/M1A' started by Bart B., Aug 31, 2010.

1. Bart B.

Bart B. G&G Addict

This link:

http://www.second-amendment.org/misc/M14_RHAD.pdf

has got excellent info.

Would have liked to see info regarding what the best accuracy attained was with the M14NM's rebuilt by the US Army and Marine Corps shops when used with the best commercial match ammo or handloads with new commercial cases. Talking with their top competitors who won the matches and set the records, the best M14NM's would hold 4 inches all day long at 600 yards.

Only the Garands converted to 7.62 NATO at the USN Small Arms Match Conditioning Unit equaled that for a semiauto rifle. I'm not aware of any other semiauto 30 caliber rifle doing that well.

2. Rex Kramer

Rex Kramer G&G Enthusiast

USA
    Lee Emerson and his books are the source for all things historically related to the M14 MBR.
    Speaking of National Match M14s... I can't wait to see what this one will do.
    [​IMG]

3. Bigfoot

Bigfoot G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Afton NY
    Thanks for the info Bart. I was watching the news last night about the Iraq war combat pullout, and i saw a soldier aiming an M14 W/ scope . Didn't realize they were still in service, but the camera was nearly right on the gun, so i got a real good look at it. It was either an m14, or an M1A scoped. Obviously they are still used by todays military. Seeing how i have an M1a NM, i was thrilled to see they are still used in one form or another by todays military. I would say thats good testimony for their accuracy. and dependability, especially with all the new weapons they have today. I red recently somewhere in someone's post on here that select groups got re issued the M14. I saw it for myself last night on TV. No joke!

4. Rex Kramer

Rex Kramer G&G Enthusiast

USA
    Thousands of M14s have been modernized and re-issued.
    The TACOM M14EBR-RI is currently seeing action in AFG.

5. MJ11

MJ11 G&G Enthusiast

Klinton destroyed 30K m14's at a cost of $1.2 mil to the tax payers.

6. Bigfoot

Bigfoot G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Afton NY
    Cool that they were re issued even if modified. Clinton was one of the worst military supporters ever. Too busy supporting Monica's head.