Gun and Game Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
13,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
We should start a thrillbilly gofundme so we can buy you a semi truck load of camo color Krylon and Duplicolor rattle cans of paint.
I haven't been able to get krylon camo for over a decade, been using rustoleum

I'm not even sure what stores still carry the krylon, none that exists near me lol

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I haven't been able to get krylon camo for over a decade, been using rustoleum

I'm not even sure what stores still carry the krylon, none that exists near me lol
Great looking rifle. If you are talking about the Krylon camo, I buy it at Walmart in OD, Brown, Sand, Khaki and others. I use it on tree stands and such. Used it on one gun also, I painted a 38 special J frame with it for pocket carry in the Mideast. Keeps the sweat off of the blue gun. Krylon Camouflage Ultra-Flat Spray Paint, Khaki, 11 Oz. - Walmart.com - Walmart.com Lowes and Ace Hardware carry it as well.

Nice AR, I like the 20 and even 24 inch for varmint hunting but dumped them when I found I could get 3/4 inch or less groups with 16 inch carbines off the rack. That allows me to add the suppressor and not have that 4 foot long gun. So, is the longer barrel just for the velocity? Rifle Shooter did a pretty comprehensive test of barrel length on a 223 bolt gun. The difference in a 16 and 20 inch barrel is about 100 fps. For anybody who has not seen their study it is pretty neat. For example they show that a 16.5 inch barrel has a point blank range of 302 yards, increase the barrel to 20 inches and the point blank range goes to 322 yards. Not a lot but it could be a miss on a prairie dog at 300 yards and beyond. Interesting stuff.223 Remington/5.56 NATO, velocity versus barrel length: A man, his chop box and his friend’s rifle – rifleshooter.com

Sure is a nice sleek looking rifle.

·
Registered
13,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Great looking rifle. If you are talking about the Krylon camo, I buy it at Walmart in OD, Brown, Sand, Khaki and others. I use it on tree stands and such. Used it on one gun also, I painted a 38 special J frame with it for pocket carry in the Mideast. Keeps the sweat off of the blue gun. Krylon Camouflage Ultra-Flat Spray Paint, Khaki, 11 Oz. - Walmart.com - Walmart.com Lowes and Ace Hardware carry it as well.

Nice AR, I like the 20 and even 24 inch for varmint hunting but dumped them when I found I could get 3/4 inch or less groups with 16 inch carbines off the rack. That allows me to add the suppressor and not have that 4 foot long gun. So, is the longer barrel just for the velocity? Rifle Shooter did a pretty comprehensive test of barrel length on a 223 bolt gun. The difference in a 16 and 20 inch barrel is about 100 fps. For anybody who has not seen their study it is pretty neat. For example they show that a 16.5 inch barrel has a point blank range of 302 yards, increase the barrel to 20 inches and the point blank range goes to 322 yards. Not a lot but it could be a miss on a prairie dog at 300 yards and beyond. Interesting stuff.223 Remington/5.56 NATO, velocity versus barrel length: A man, his chop box and his friend’s rifle – rifleshooter.com

Sure is a nice sleek looking rifle.
Local walmarts stopped selling krylon camo like a decade ago, I haven't seen a can since. The rustoleum works fine but I wish they had a good FDE...they have khaki and sand but neither are a true FDE

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Reactions: Huey Rider
21 - 24 of 24 Posts