M1898 Krag Pics

Discussion in 'General Military' started by Baconbits, Aug 31, 2010.

1. Baconbits

Baconbits G&G Evangelist

See the newest member of my family

Attached Files:

2. CopperniX

CopperniX G&G Hall Monitor Staff Member

Man thats a good lookin rifle, hows it shoot?

3. FN FAL

FN FAL NOT a new member Forum Contributor

Lets hope you got some ammo with it or at least some good brass as its quite hard to come by right now.

I did send an email to Remington about a month ago asking about 30-40 Krag ammo and got a reply that within the next month they would be making loaded ammo. They did not confirm that they would be making brass available.

Supposedly Winchester is passing on a 30-40 Krag run again this year.

tim

4. Krag 30-40

Krag 30-40 Guest

Natchez was advertising Remington @ $31.93 a box.Is there a reference to Winchester not producing .30-40 anywhere you know of for sure?LOL I guess I better put what little new brass I have in the safe.

5. Baconbits

Baconbits G&G Evangelist

It shoots great. I picked up some really nice ammo from a company called Reeds Ammo. Hornady 220 gr @ 1950 fps. Simulates military load out. $20/box. It's very reasonable for 30-40 Krag ammo.

6. frenchy

frenchy G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Wonderful rifle Baconbits, would love one someday.
    frenchy

7. Very nice Krag. Love to have one myself one day. Did it come with the bayonet?

8. Iron_Colonel

Iron_Colonel G&G Enthusiast

Looks very nice. Congrats!

9. Plumber

Plumber G&G Addict

30-40 ammo is sometimes hard to find around here too. But in the small towns of northern Minnesota you can find it everywhere.
    My Dad bought an 1899 carbine in '46 that had been rebarreled. In about '67 he carved a stock for it. In '76 he gave it to me. Now I reload for it and get lessthan 1 MOA. I love that old gun. Terry

Attached Files:

10. Baconbits

Baconbits G&G Evangelist

Very nice

What pretty wood. I bought the bayonet for mine seperately. They say Krag model rifles have the slickest actions around.

11. I've heard old timers use the term about some rifles being "Almost as smooth as a Krag"