close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

M1A Scope mounting problem

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by tony, Aug 24, 2002.

1. tony

tony G&G Newbie

I have a Springfield Armory M1A with the 6x40 Government scope deal and shooting 147 grain European NATO ammo. Here is the problem even with the scope at full adjustment the rifle is still shooting a little high at 100 yards. Anyone else had this problem or have a suggestion for a solution?

2. How much is a little, I remember a Freds article that the BZ (base Zero) is 2 to 275 yards.

You could try shimming the scope rings where they fasten to the mount, or shim the rings where the scope fits in. - just a suggestion.

I tried putting on a simmons, had to shim the rear ring where it sat on the mount. I also went to the 200 yard range.. :)

3. Tony,I don't mean to sound like a butthead,but have you read your owners manual?Look at page 4 section B.You stated its a little up at 100yrds. If you don't have an owners manual it says,"To zero your scope,adjust the point of impact so the bullet strikes the center of the target at 200 meters. IMPORTANT NOTE: Zero the 5.56 Tactical scope and the 6X40 Government Model at 100 meters." 100 yards vs. 100 meters. Do your math,you will be surprized. If you are still having problems with the scope,consult with Springfield.The techs there are VERY helpful. You can also try to have it lazer sighted.You may be impressed.