Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gentlemen,
These two files shows the the M1C and the M1E8 later to become the M1D. Notice date and also flat cheek piece on the M1E8. Important to use Iron Sight I would think. What about you ? Again, sorry to get these old files off the microfilm if you need a better copy just email me.

These files have been up before. It's for the New Guys who have found some of my data of interest.
Warning, before you go to my sites lower your volume as the opening page contains a sound file which has a loading and firing of the M1 Garand. So if you're at work or home it may be wise to check your volume control.
Gentlemen you know what to do. Not going to well, sorry about that. TIA
Thanks again
Clancy
Looking for Sponsors
NRA Life Endowment
NRA Training Counselor
NRA Instructor
FSS 90% / BW X Speed Div by 1000 = PF
THA 63

·
Registered
395 Posts
It looks to me that on both rifles a M81 scope is attached.
It is strange that the M1E8 (M1D :) )has an adjustable cheek piece while the M1C doesn't
Also is there a difference on the rifles concerning the triggerguard: Both early and late are in use! It seems that the M1D is just ready and the M1C is around for a while at that time!

Thanx for the photographs Ed!
Rob

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
M1D-Garand,
The cheek piece is moveable so you can set it up and I take over I can peel it off and put it where I want it. Weird, but that's Ordnance
Thanks again for your comeback
Clancy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts