M39 Trigger

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by BOHICA1962, May 28, 2008.

1. I was working on the bolt of my M39 today and decided to remove the trigger and clean it up a bit. I was hoping to smooth up and maybe lighten the pull a bit. Nothing changed. I tried experimenting and backed the trigger spring screw out. The bolt wouldn't cock and slid out of the receiver without having to pull the trigger. I tightened the screw and backed it off maybe a quarter turn. This reduced the trigger pull weight quite a bit so I backed it off another 1/8th turn and the trigger is now very good. All I have to do now is to figure out how to take up the space between the trigger spring and the boss. You guys have probably all figured this out well before now but I thought I'd mention it just in case there's a reason why this shouldn't be done. :scool::scool:

2. Mooseman684

Mooseman684 G&G Newbie

M39 Rifles have 2 stage triggers installed By the Finns...adjusting that out can lead to an unsafe condition...Are You a Trained Gunsmith ???

3. You probably know the answer to your question. I posted this hoping someone would tell me whether it's a workable idea or not. Have you tried it? How do you know I've adjusted the first stage out when you haven't even seen it?????????

4. Mooseman684

Mooseman684 G&G Newbie

By what YOU posted above^^^DUH..:hitwithrock: