close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

M44 Report/Pictures For Dennis

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Bryan Williams, Mar 22, 2002.

1. Bryan Williams

Bryan Williams G&G Newbie

Dennis,
    I shot the project Polish M44. The sight is still SLIGHTLY off. I must have a gunsmith realign it. The recoil isnt bad, muzzle flash is awesome, and put two soft point hunting rounds through 3 old car bodies (1 with engine block in it).

Keep in mind this is a clunker I pieced back together from the worn/bent parts that came with it.

These two pictures are of the stock after I redone it. When I bought this gun the stock was "turd brown" with not a spec of grain showing and numerous dents/dings/one gouge. Alot of sanding and 6 coats of "TruOil" later a stock emerged that I couldnt believe was under the brown crud/old finish. I also took a small torch and burnt the grains of the wood some before TruOiling it. The metal is sanded down to the bare metal and is scheduled for a rebluing next weekend. I would do it this week but cant be late for prom cause I'm bluing a gun....g/f would kill me.

2. Bryan Williams

Attachment not working

Sorry, the pictures didnt load for some reason.

3. Dennis

Dennis G&G Evangelist

Texas
    Keep trying Bryan I want to see them

4. Bryan Williams

last one...

I took this badboy out shooting again, the sites are almost perfect. It's now earned a place in my gun cabinet :)

5. Dennis

Dennis G&G Evangelist

Texas
    Bryan that looks like a way cool stock job on your M44.
    I haven't gotten a Camera yet to take pic's of the engraved thing. I may borrow one to do this. I will let you know.