Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Glad I bought the (2) M44 Tulas when I did. J&G raised the price $50 to $199.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Ouch!! I wonder if the market is drying up somewhat. I did pick up an issue of Shotgun News and J&G still has the M44 listed at 79.99 and the 91/30 at 69.99. Though it would suck if the market dried up...

·
Registered
5,618 Posts
Get 'em while you can boys!
too late for that. at $200 i'd rather get a polish or romainian m44. fit and finish would be miles better. i will still keep an eye out at gun stores and shows for the 1944 tula at regular price though. just not willing to pay three times what a regular m44 costs.:34:

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
too late for that. at $200 i'd rather get a polish or romainian m44. fit and finish would be miles better. i will still keep an eye out at gun stores and shows for the 1944 tula at regular price though. just not willing to pay three times what a regular m44 costs.:34:
Better yet... Add $60 and get an M39...

Problem is many collectables like the Tula M44's and M39's is that they didn't make that many, and they aren't going to make any more. I have a couple of post-war M44 Izzy's for normal everyday shooting.

·
I can justify anything.
4,878 Posts
Glad I bought the (2) M44 Tulas when I did. J&G raised the price $50 to $199.

Geo,
That's only for the "rare" models. The rest are $79 for regular or $89 for the lamis.
Aim's still got em' for cheap, but shipping to you is better from J and G, where I'm in AIM/SOG/Centerfire territory..:09:

·
Freedom Zealot
33,733 Posts
If your buying shooters, get what you can. If you are buying on speculation, then you want great dates, all matching, non-counterbored, hard to find rifles. Do I shoot all mine, you bet! Do I go and blast 800 rds through my PU, no sir! As you go through this addiction, you begin to look for things you don't have, or most people don't have. But in the end, a Mosin purchase will satisfy your JONES !!! In the last 3 days I have bought 4 Mosin's. One is still enroute, and sadly, one is for a friend.

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Geo,
That's only for the "rare" models. The rest are $79 for regular or $89 for the lamis.
Aim's still got em' for cheap, but shipping to you is better from J and G, where I'm in AIM/SOG/Centerfire territory..:09:
A year ago they were $59 and $69. And I'm starting to see a lot more mix and match as far as parts and serial numbers. The handwriting is on the wall. Collect now or pay later.

Once you have the basic 3 (M91/30, M38, and M44), collecting is the next step, and the M39 and Tula M44 are the next rifles available from "regular" C&R sources.

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
Geo, I have my 91/30 and my two 91/59's will have to do for the two "carbines". :wink1:

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The 91/59's will definately do. And they would be on the list of next to buy for me.

·
Freedom Zealot
33,733 Posts
Congrats on your 1000+ posts Geo. I for one enjoy, and appreciate your submissions here! Even if they ARE drivel, ROFL! Just kiddng Champ!

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks Steve. 1K posts?... Hard to believe that I have that much drivel... guess I better go have that checked with the family doc.:09:

·
Registered
3,641 Posts
Congrats on your 1000+ posts Geo. I for one enjoy, and appreciate your submissions here! Even if they ARE drivel, ROFL! Just kiddng Champ!
he must drivel a lot at 1,000 !1 so where does that put you and me steve??:eek:wned2:

·
Sir Loin of Beef
16,716 Posts
Hmmmm, let's see. Spigots...hmmm. Well I see I need to ramp things back up again to give you all something to drivel about!:09:

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
he must drivel a lot at 1,000 !1 so where does that put you and me steve??:eek:wned2:
Grand Drivelers or sticking with the Mosin vernacular MODRIVEL.

But I think this is a prostate problem mostly.:09:

·
Sir Loin of Beef
16,716 Posts
Grand Drivelers or sticking with the Mosin vernacular MODRIVEL.

But I think this is a prostate problem mostly.:09:
I think they have medicine for that now!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts