M44 with 2.5x Leupold EER

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Kismet, May 8, 2008.

1. Kismet

Kismet G&G Newbie

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cheap mount, will probably get better quality one. Seems solid now...but took a long time. (I don't have skills.)

Paper wanted to see it.

2. Paper

Paper I can justify anything. Forum Contributor

At's a nice gun you got der!!
    I bet she'd kill a bunch of deers in that setup der..

Now to sight it in..

3. squirrelblaster

squirrelblaster G&G Enthusiast Forum Contributor

nice! i bet that will work out realy well for you. looks good too!

4. damage855

damage855 G&G Newbie

Looks good I have a simular set-up and really like it I think you will too.

5. SwedeSteve

SwedeSteve Freedom Zealot Forum Contributor

Looks good to me!

6. Shiney Kismet. Bet you can shoot some paper with that one.

7. Paper

Huh?? Hell, Paper was who got him the rifle in the first place...:34:

8. SanDiegoRedneck

SanDiegoRedneck G&G Newbie

I really love the set up you have.

9. Kismet

Kismet G&G Newbie

Well, generally, it is open season on Paper, but no one wants to have to dress him after the shot. :bigeyes:

10. Paper

I've already got a start on it, as I'm in my underwear..:09:

11. Kismet

Kismet G&G Newbie

trying to get rid of pixels. :(

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Mike82

Mike82 G&G Newbie

the front pic makes u not wanna be in that position when safety is off lol

got me pics....FINALLY!!!!!!! ROFL, after how many months guys? :34:

Attached Files:

13. SwedeSteve

SwedeSteve Freedom Zealot Forum Contributor

Whose rifle is that Mike?

14. Mike82

Mike82 G&G Newbie

"Whose rifle is that Mike?" <spoken sarcastically>

u dummy....it's mine FOOL!!!!

now to get me a 91/59 and a 91/38 to do same thing to, hopefully they wont have laminated stock, cuz i like the 'blackened' look....which doesnt show up well in pics, cuz it used the 'flash' while in a lit room.

Last edited: May 9, 2008
  15. killer

killer G&G Newbie

Mike82 what scope rings exactly are you using. Guess thats the route I've been thinking too, low on the rifle.

Once you guys put the scopes on did it help that much with accuracy?

16. Mike82

Mike82 G&G Newbie

well, instead of having to line up front sight with rear, then lining them up with target, it's a 2step process, line up scope with target, then pull trigger, lol
    my rings are: Leupold Vertical-Split with 3/8" base made to fit 1" scopes....lemme find part number....
    this is pic of them from optics site: Leupold 3/8-inch Gloss Rimfire Ringmounts 57405 hope this helps. if you click my profile and go look at some of my past posts, you'll see where i posted a couple times my step by step process....look for the long-winded posts :D

17. killer

killer G&G Newbie

I think it is definitely more humane on game with a scope. On a target range with black bullseyes on white paper so so with improvement.

Has the mount slipped at all? I looked at those Badger rings (steel) but can't see putting rings worth almost twice the rifle cost.

18. Mike82

Mike82 G&G Newbie

lol no....the aircraft aluminum holds up very well....just dont crank down on the bolts, it could possibly cause em to strip....if you hold allen head wrench by small end and turn till ur fingers hurt, then swap ends for leverage and giv it an extra 1/8-1/4 turn to tighten, that works just perfectly. or better yet, once u have em straight and adjusted correctly, just tighten bottom screws till u feel the wrench start to bend just slightly, then stop.

19. killer

killer G&G Newbie

I use a similar technique in how I hold the allen wrench too. I only allow the third finger (ring finger) and thumb to crank down. usually I hear them "chirp" (if that makes sense) a little and stop. I've never stripped one either and have never found one loose.

Thanks for the part number and reference back to your post I missed. I do appreiciate the time you gave to do that Mike82.
    I have a spare Leupold pistol scope I've been wanting to put on one of the Nagants I have.

20. Mike82

Mike82 G&G Newbie

1 other thing about the rings and their finish....is, if you get the NcStar scopes, the color of the scopes is same as the Black Matte rings, not the Black Gloss....above link is of gloss, I'll have to look in another post for part number of Black Matte rings.

yeah but the bolts are steel and the rings are aluminum, so i dont recall aluminum making that sound lol....also, DONT under ANY circumstances scratch the rings or scope....cuz then it aint as pretty :D

black matte leupold rings model number is: 55850

they have a very low rise of only .826"....that's measured from center of circle to base of mount.

if you want the low look without having to shim lower part of the rear ring, then get the: RF 3/8" rings, model-56533, they have a rise of .96", that'll give you the clearance u need from receiver......it'll set about 2mm off top of receiver and about 4mm off the top of barrel cover at front of scope. I used the lowest ones to see how low i could get and still be useable, but it was lightly pressing against receiver at rear and i had to shim the bottom part of rear ring a lil to get it off receiver....unfortunately, i dont think they make a digital camera that will show the space it has between rear of scope and receiver....considering the space is about the thickness of a piece of newspaper. but good luck on ur project, and post some pics....if i get bored enuff, i might disassemble it and show pics of step-by-step process....but i doubt it :09:

guess i'll transfer all the info into 1 new post, just so i dotn have to send ppl surfing around for previous posts.