Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9,224 Posts
i dont think i could bring myself to put that ati stock on a rifle, even an m48. i also dont think you'll get another random stock to fit the m48. if you dont mind doing a little work take a look at richards micro fit gunstocks.

·
Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler
37,468 Posts

·
Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler
37,468 Posts
I'd consider the M48/M48A ideal, as they have no wartime historical provenance. They are not 'collector items', as most are very recently assembled for the US market. Basically, a NEW high-power rifle for a milsurp price!

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I put the Boyds stock on my M48. Took it to the range and it's probably the most accurate "out of the box" rifle I've ever fired. Using milsurp ammo I had 2.5" groups at 100 yds with original open iron sights. The only thing I did to it was restock it. Eventually a scope will be mounted once I decide how I want to mount it.
The only problem I had was every third round or so wouldn't extract correctly. I'm gonna get some higher quality ammo to see if it was just a cheap ammo problem.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.