M91 Remington

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Enfield trader, May 2, 2008.

1. Enfield trader

Enfield trader G&G Newbie

I have had this for sometime now and thought I'd post some pics. The rifle is all matching, I mean all matching and not import marked or a Finn capture but it was in a Finn stock. It now wears a Westinghouse stock, but pics show it in the Finn stock.

If anyone knows where I can get a Remington stock for this I would greatly appreciate it !!

Anyhow here are some pics .... oh I have a nice Remington bayonet for it too !

Attached Files:

2. SwedeSteve

SwedeSteve Freedom Zealot Forum Contributor

She's a pretty one Et!

3. Cyrano

Cyrano Resident Curmudgeon Forum Contributor

New York
    You ever decide you want to sell that Yankee Mosin, PM me about it. I'd be happy with her, Finnish stock and all.

4. Mooseman684

Mooseman684 G&G Newbie

Question ET...What determines that stock to be Finnish ???
    Rich

5. Enfield trader

Cyrano the Finn stock is gone it is now in a Westinghouse walnut stock.

Mooseman684 - the stock is the typical Finn 2 piece stock ie: stock is spliced about 3 inches behind the rear band, you can see the difference in the wood in the pic. Also it has the Finn wire hangers on it for the sling.

The pic of the stock is from a 1912 Izhevsk Finn capture Mosin

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 2, 2008
  6. Very nice Enfield Trader. May I ask what marks would I be looking for to determine a Remmington Stock and a Westinghouse Stock. Ill keep my eyes open for one for you. I understand the Finn stock because I have some 91/30's with them.

7. Mooseman684

Mooseman684 G&G Newbie

If the Stock is Not SA stamped,It is probably a Russian Stock , since they also did Splicing that was similar...You don't see a lot of them...I have been looking for a spliced Russian stock since they are much better in Arctic conditions where I live...
    Rich

EDIT...a 3 finger joint would be Finnish by all known research...

Last edited: May 2, 2008
  8. Enfield trader

The Russian spliced stock I had seen was

very different from the Finn ones.

The Remington was not SA marked on the barrel shank but the stock had the Finn marking on it.

9. Mooseman684

Mooseman684 G&G Newbie

Thanks ET....
    It is Unusual that the Rifle was not stamped SA and the Stock was...Maybe someone put the Action in A Finn stock and It was Not a Capture Rifle...
    Who Knows ???
    Rich

10. SwedeSteve

SwedeSteve Freedom Zealot Forum Contributor

Most likely Moose! Just like he has restocked it to get it closer to original.