Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All three "Mad Max" movies will be on AMCthroughout the week. I figured any of you fans of these movies would like to know. Also, what kind of car is that? I wanna say it's a Ford Falcon Sprint, but I may be wrong.

P.S. I thought this should go in SUrvival because it's a post-apocalyptic movie.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Yes, the car is a Ford Falcon XB, Australian version of Ford. Great series.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thought so. I heard that only 938 of them were made. Something tells me that might be true because I've only seen one my whole life, and even then it was just the body. Not engine, tranny, interior, nothing. The only one of the trilogy I have a problem with is the third one, "Beyond Thunderdome." It seemed like it dragged on. And I want his shotgun.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I've only seen about 10 minutes of Mad Max. It seemed waaay too Waterworld cheesy to me. o_O Maybe I should sit down and give them a second chance.

·
Registered
11,683 Posts
You should definitely give the first two a chance. They were fantastic movies. The post apocolyptic situation of the second movie was pretty awesome. Makes you wonder how far off that might just be. People banding together with their separate specialties in order to survive.

Part Three...don't waste your time. I, myself, just couldn't get past Tina Turner.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Listen to animalspooker, give 'em a try. They are good movies. Except for the third, not really worth the time. I heard they are gonna make a 4th Mad Max, but with no Mel.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Lol. It would be him bashing minorities and people of different religeons for what happened to Australia. lol.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
34,126 Posts
The only vehicle I saw that I wanted was that autogyro Captain what's-his-dork used in the third movie. I've thought they were cool ever since I saw one in It Happened One Night.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
aww durn Griz, you beat me to that link :p
there was a guy that had a XB falcon in our local car show last weekend.
it didn't have the body kit on it, but it was not something you see that much over here.

·
Registered
10,893 Posts
Same type shotgun as James Caan's character from the movie "El Dorado" ;)

Carried by Allan Bourdillion Traherne..."That's why they call him Mississippi ;)"

·
God, Guns, Glory
33,988 Posts
aww durn Griz, you beat me to that link :p
there was a guy that had a XB falcon in our local car show last weekend.
it didn't have the body kit on it, but it was not something you see that much over here.
^^ LOL,

I only learned of this site, a few months while ago.
As we were talking, about this car in Chat.
One of our members from down under.
Gave me this link, and I happened to save it.

·
Registered
11,683 Posts
LARMUS - Finally someone on G&G has put a link to something it looks as though I can afford. Thanks for the link to Mad Max's truck

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
YOu know what I was thinking., what happened to his accent?

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
LARMUS - Finally someone on G&G has put a link to something it looks as though I can afford. Thanks for the link to Mad Max's truck

i want to build one like that for myself, i think it would make for an awesome bug-out-vehicle, and remember when the petrol runs out you can always grab the camels from the zoos for driving around... lol!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts