Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, firstly, thanks to all of you who posted on my other threads.

Secondly, no matter how hard I try, the stripper clips I bought at the last Rochester Gun Show...REFUSE TO FEED INTO THE MAGAZINE.:yell::no1:

Thirdly, after I load the rounds by hand into the mag, the first round:
a)Is pushed by the bolt and the tip of the bullet catches on the magazine-chamber transition, or
b)It cycles fine but then the rounds in the magazine don't cycle up, out of the magazine.

So no matter what I do, I end up just opening the mag trapdoor and feeding one by one.AAAHHHHHHHH.:angryfire::grumpy:
:feedback:

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Check to make sure that you load the rim of the round at a slight up angle to the last round loaded, so that the cartridge rims are not stacked rim-to-rim, but rim-to-cartridge.

Second make sure that the stripper clip is inserted correctly in the slot at the back of the receiver. When load the magazine press down, using your thumb, just in front of the clip, and press down firmly. Warning: Make sure that there are no burrs or sharp edges on the face of the stripper clip.

Third, check to make sure the spring assembly in the magazine is clean and lightly lubricated (I use breakfree or Remoil w/Teflon), and moves freely. I also use a little silicon spray on the inner surfaces of a new stripper clip. Make sure you wipe off the excess in both cases.

Hope this helps.

·
Freedom Zealot
33,733 Posts
The easiest thing to do first is:
1- Completely disassemble the magazine.
2- Spray everything wth brake/carb cleaner until its squeeky clean
3- Inspect the magwell and each part for burs or hairline cracks.
4- Reassemble magazine and try handloading 2 rounds.
5- If they don't feed properly, try loading one round, then load the next, sliding from front to back. If it still wont feed either you have a faulty spring, or a issue with your interuptor.

·
Freedom Zealot
33,733 Posts
We keep going back to the stripper clips, which was thought to be the initial problem. It is apparent now that it is more fundemental, ie, the magazine. Until someone else jumps in with a better/more logical idea MS, try what I asked.

·
Registered
3,641 Posts
look at the video then do what Swede said !!!Does sound like an interuptor problem:)

·
Registered
43 Posts
feeding problem

The key to using stripper clips is when you fill them be sure that the rims are stagered such that each round is in front of the one lower down. When using them make sure you put the end with the rims in the back first. Hold the top round level with your forefinger and push down with your thumb. The rounds will all push down into the magazine.
As to your other problems. If the rounds are catching at the feed ramp, that sounds either like a week magazine spring or binding in the mag asm. This could also cause your next problem if when the bolt pushes the interupter out of the way to feed the following round, the spring doesn't push the round up. I've had to replace some of my springs to scooect loading problems. But first make sure everything is clean and lubbed. Making sure to remove all traces of hardened cosmo. When the magazine is loaded the rounds should be angled up slightly. So thaty the bolt can push it into the chamber.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys, the problem was I wasn't staggering the rounds in the magazine. Richocet was right too, the strippers I bought are crap, I heat formed two of them just to keep them useful.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts