close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Magazine question

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Grasshoppa@Work, Aug 23, 2002.

1. Grasshoppa@Work

Grasshoppa@Work G&G Newbie

I have an old Inglis HiPower and I was wondering about something that a friend of mine has told me. My friend told me that if you keep rounds in the magazine, you should only put in about half it max capacity so you don't ruin the spring. Is this true? I keep mine loaded for safety reasons and I guess if I can help it, I don't want to ruin the mag. Any thoughts?

2. It is true that the spring will eventually lose some of its tension after while. You must remember that the military used to store preloaded magazines for combat issue and these were stored for years without significant degradation in the tension. My suggestion to you would be to have a couple of magazines and switch them monthly, that should elleviate your fears.

3. GrassHoppa

GrassHoppa G&G Newbie

There you go, thanks a lot there Don. I appreciate it. :)

4. Sarge

Sarge G&G Enthusiast

Hi-Power mags

I agree with Don, except I rotate mine quarterly. I've carried/used a 50s vintage military contract for 34 years, including Carrying it in Viet Nam. I have had an Inglis that is a shooter, not a carry gun, for about 5 years.
    Sarge

5. I have an Inglis, too -- a lot of history behind it. Read "The Inglis Diamond" - great book!