close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Mail Call

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Logansdad, Aug 5, 2002.

1. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

:eek: Check out the new show on the History Channel hosted by R Lee Ermey. Everybody recognizes him as the Drill Instructor who gets killed in the movie "Full Metal Jacket"
    www.historychannel.com/mailcall/
    :p :assult:

2. jerry

jerry Since 2002 Forum Contributor

USA
    just got done watching it, quite excellent! Highly recomend.

3. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

Full Metal Jacket is my all time favorite movie. Have watched it like 35 times, wifes sick of it!

4. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

I want one of the little dolls....

There are only two kinds of people from Texas...LOL

5. 7mmag6

7mmag6 G&G Newbie

Actually R Lee Ermy was a DI in the corp, something of a legend, I think he was at paris island in the mid to late 60's, did any one see basic training on right behind it, I cant believe how nice the corperals are to raw recruits these days, i had my nose bloodied the second day by a Gunnie hitting me in the face with the butt of an m-14

6. Eric

Eric G&G Newbie

USA
    People can say what they want. I think he is a GREAT American, period. It's an awesome show, and he doesn't pull any slack.

7. psycho dad

psycho dad G&G Newbie

he also did two combat tours in viet nam

8. jerry

USA
    He's got his stuff tightly packed enough in his sack to get good work after his mil career, I'll give him that. I'm sure he's a stand up Marine. I seen that Basic tng gig. Now, I'm not going to say AF basic was tough or anything. However, I think there was a lot of show going on for the camera. PR type stuff. Some of the things those knuckle heads were getting by with! Oh my! What a display of coddeling. I hope this don't have the oposite effect of what the Army thinks it may have. I'm laughing and discusted at the same time. I need to quit rambling but I can't help it :O

9. yodar

yodar G&G Newbie

Lee Irmey

Siege at Firebase Gloria and Purple Hearts were his best movies...because he wasn't "killed" But his talent was proven in Full Metal Jacket...the first videotape I voluntarily bought even though I could copy it off cable.

No technical errors seen in Mail Bag...When i was a boy scout they gave us those Gawdawful 1910 packs...wucking fourthless!

Yodar

10. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

Oh! those fother muckers! I know what ya mean!

11. jerry

USA
    ma be they should have consulted John Moses Browning on that back pack!

12. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

Labor Day marathon on History Channel

Mr Ermey kicks bottom :nod:

13. oneastrix

oneastrix G&G Newbie

Thank you Yodar. A while back there was a post about favorite movies. I said "Siege at Fire Base Gloria." Glad to hear another mention of it.........

14. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

Yodar ? "Siege at Fire Base Gloria" ?