close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Maintenance sheet for my stock finsihes and more.

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Stock Doc, May 25, 2002.

1. Stock Doc

Stock Doc G&G Evangelist

I thought I should put a sheet up here for maintaining the finish on my finishes I have done for folks here and also those wondering about there Linseed oil finishes.
    Oil can be ruined in water just as the glass on Grandmas end table or good buffet table. There will be a ring left form the condensation on teh glass. Same goes for a Linseed oil Military finish. So it is best to try and keep rain or cleaning solvents off of the rifles. I use Minwax Furniture Polish in a Paste form FOR DARK FINISHES I say it like this because a friend bought me the regular which is white and It went into the grain and dried there like white paint and it wouldn't come out so I stripped the stock. Make sure its for dark finish and the darker colored paste. Follow instructions on can and you're safe. I do this perodically or as soon as I notice teh stock dulling form hand oils.
    As for my other harder finishes you can do the same but they are safer for fulltime shooter's and all weather.
    I also will refinish any stock up to a year for free if the finish is messed up and after a year will charge only $10.00 for the stock to be refurbished if needed. I have had stocks with my oil finish that are still as the day I did them after many years so not to worry but anything can happen. Any questions ask and I can add them to my sheet for future use and help. Thanks and enjoy you're rifles. Rick B A.K.A. Stock Doc