close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

MAK 91 finish

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by amadeus77, Apr 24, 2002.

1. amadeus77

amadeus77 G&G Newbie

Here is me again with that MAK 91 question but hey....
    Would the value of MAK91 with milled receiver go down if one would strip the brown paint (I was looking at the linkBig Dog posted) and refinish it in natural wood look. I am still thinking about that MAK91 I saw but I really do not like that color..
    amadeus77

2. BattleRifleG3

BattleRifleG3 G&G Evangelist

You mean on the stock? Depends on the wood color. At worst you'd have to buy another stock set. Maybe that's a better idea, get a stock you like and save the old.

3. amadeus77

amadeus77 G&G Newbie

well I just wanted to say that I have the BEST girlfriend in the world. Last night I came home and she came out to greet me with the new MAK91 which I wanted so bad. Surprise was unbeliveable..
    While I was cleaning it I took a look at the stock and the wood under the paint looks orange. I think I will leave it as it is and maybe look for another one as BRG3 suggested. I may try making one if I get some free time...

4. BattleRifleG3

BattleRifleG3 G&G Evangelist

I always wanted to make one too, just don't have an AK to do it too...
    Have fun, congrats on the MAK-91 and the wonderful woman who got it for you. I recommend marriage.

5. amadeus77

amadeus77 G&G Newbie

Thanks BRG3,
    I am considering that marriage thing but waithing to stabilize my life some....
    amadeus77