Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Since 03-15- 2002
27,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First and foremost, Mr Langdon is Mr Beretta. He knows his stuff.
My Dilemma. One of my favorite pistols, FN-9P (Which shares Sig type controls) suffers from what Langdon is talking about. Combine that with being a lifelong 1911 guy, and the manual of arms gets real interesting.
I love all 3 platforms. Well, Ive never met a gun I didn’t like.
I feel confident with every platform and safety system. Do I skinny it down to one? I almost hate to say, the Beretta would probly get the nod. In the mean time, I keep pushing on. Even on the parts that don’t make sense.

·
Gun Toting Boeing Driver
20,079 Posts
I see the point but disagree with the last part. With both HK and Sig the 'half cock' (which it really isn't) is no better or worse than the Beretta. Service history would bear that out and although I guess debris CAN get in there, I've never much seen it happen with my Sig 220. Nor has it any history of excessive wear on the sear.

AND most everyone with sense carries their 1911 cocked and locked with the hammer FULLY back.

The Beretta's safety serves as both a safety AND decocker. It can be carried safely with hammer down and safety on OR off due to its positive firing pin block (like the HKs and Sigs).

For a DA/SA gun, the Sig 220 fits me the best.

The Beretta is a fine gun too; it's grip is a bit too wide for me though as is the size of the gun too big.

·
Premium Member
4,492 Posts
I love Beretta, the cure to slide mounted safety is "striker-fired" Glock, SIG, Springfield, Beretta, etc...^^^^^^ agree with TXplt, if you carry 1911 carry it C&L, That stated, recently Ibeen carrying a SIG P320C in .45Auto w/safety. Great gun! 9 shot striker fired I installed a flat trigger...oh so nice! The gun replaces my Beretta PX4 type C, .45Auto...too heavy, but a trully great pistol!

·
Since 03-15- 2002
27,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input guys. A couple additional thoughts.
The half cock issue is not really an issue. The Sjg and my FN-P have a FP block. The trigger has to be pulled for the FP to move forward.
I alway carry a 1911 cocked and locked, agree there. Problem I ran into developed between the FNP and the 1911. On a 1911, I ride the safety with my thumb. I have accidentally rode the decock lever on the FNP rendering the gun on safe and not able to make a trigger press.
The dirty part about the beretta is forgetting to de cock after firing. All about training. However when you have multiple guns. Just as bad, de cocking then forgetting to take it off safe. The G model helps here as it’s a de cock only.
It appears I need a CZ 75. 🤔

1 - 4 of 4 Posts