Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
945 Posts
That's a pretty good video but he makes it more complicated than it is. I bought the little Harbor Freight chop saw a dozen years ago when brass could not be found. The only real issues I recall is just making sure you camfer the case mouth a bit after you cut them and use lube on the cases, they form really easy. I used mixed range brass and paid no attention to brand. Clean and tumble the brass before you start and do a large batch at one time makes sense.

The key is to not have any cases too long as they will cause problems, if they are a little short no big deal. I use the Lee factory crimp die on them and it solves a lot of problems also.

I had no problems forming them or with reloading them. I have both 300 pistol and carbine. Nice low powered round, much like the M1 Carbine, not much noise or recoil and fun to shoot, even more so than the 223. I prefer 110 grain bullets but load several and shoot them suppressed most of the time. Enjoy.

·
Registered
10,485 Posts
I used 5to make my own 300 BLK cases when you couldn't buy them. Now its a lot easier and not that expensive to just buy already made brass. I still have the Harbor Freight cut off saw and the know how if cases become unavailable again.

·
Registered
12,401 Posts
there was some dies made for the dillon trim die setup.
kind of wish i'd bought one when i seen it, but i simply just bought a few-K cases.

anyway one pull of the press handle and out pops a 300 case.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts