Making hay while the sun shines.

Discussion in 'Political/Religious Topics' started by Rave, Dec 2, 2014.

1. Rave

Rave G&G Evangelist

Yup,BO says executive orders are coming concerning racial profiling and trust between police and the "public."
    Holder vows to end racial profiling.
    BO says he will order stringent new training and regulations for LEOS.
    It looks like he is going to weaken LEOs as much as possible including demilitarism of equipment.
    OK,here it comes,Black Power?:argue:

2. White Rook

White Rook G&G Evangelist

Are they going to install a computer chip into all of the Police Officers brains so they can turn off Human Nature.. If not, they will NEVER change how they think. If it walks like a Duck, and it acts like a Duck, and it looks like Duck..
    It's probably a Duck...

Kad Skirata, Rave and 870shooter1 like this.

3. Rambo

Rambo G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

America
    As for cameras, they will deny the videos; edited, photoshopped, whatever. People love to hate and the truth matters not.

4. my1871colt45

my1871colt45 G&G Evangelist

Oklahoma
    It wouldn't surprise me to see much of the R.O.E the military had to deal with in Iraq, Afghanistan, like you cannot engage unless fired upon first. If this is the case be prepared for a lotta dead LEO's

Rave likes this.
  5. rando

rando G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Maryland
    Im tired of hearing about racial profiling myself. This has been going on for years. It seems that the people caught do illegal activities or speeding or whatever think they should not be punished or even questioned. If you are looking suspicious or doing something strange then a cop has the right to check you out. BO will never pull his head out of his a$$ and be a man. There is right and then there is wrong. Its not the law enforcement it is the criminals that don't want to be told what to do or questioned even more or less arrested. Its all back to racially motivated crap.

Kad Skirata, blaster and Rave like this.
  6. 870shooter1

870shooter1 G&G Evangelist

Tucson
    Profiling is a tool of the survival kit. It will never go away.

Everyone of us profiles, regardless of race. Its how we survive and avoid issues. And we are rewarded for our profiling. When we make an accurate profile and we survive, we remember it.

We all profiled the occupier and his lackies, and we have been rewarded with a correct assessment. Now we can say this experience did not work and we shouldn't do this again.

7. GSFixit

GSFixit Curmudgeon In Training

PA
    I have a cousin that is a local LEO here in my city. He told me that when someone cries racism, that's when he cracks down harder. He says it's required for survival.

And, he says sometimes it's just fun, like the local city councilwoman (African American) that's always trying, without success, to get her parking tickets "fixed".

Kad Skirata and 870shooter1 like this.
  8. 870shooter1

870shooter1 G&G Evangelist

Tucson
    Most folks would never be able to cry racism or profiling, if they would just walk in the bounds of the laws and stop drawing attention to themselves.

9. winston64

winston64 G&G Evangelist

And pull their pants up!

Kad Skirata, 870shooter1 and GSFixit like this.
  10. Cyrano

Cyrano Resident Curmudgeon Forum Contributor

New York
    I was profiled by the Italian Carabinieri in Rome in 1980 when I was being repatriated to the United States after an assignment ended. The Italians had gotten a report that some Turkish terrorist group or other was going to try and assassinate the Pope. I was wandering around the airport carrying a briefcase with my Merchant Marine officer's license, my discharge book, and some professional papers in it, looking for an open coffee shop or restaurant (we'd left the ship at 4 AM and hadn't eaten yet that day). When we'd called at Istanbul, I had treated myself to a tailored lightweight wool suit and bought myself a black fedora. And I was wearing my beard as a goatee, freshly trimmed at a barber shop in Palermo the day before when I'd gotten a haircut.

One second, I'm walking along wondering if the airport had any cafes, and the next I was slammed up against the wall by two cops with a gun in my kidneys and them yelling at me in Italian. I'm yelling, "What the [bleep] is this? Get off me, you [bleep bleep bleep]!" They patted me down and didn't find anything. They spun me around and were reaching for the cuffs when a man in civilian clothes who had that cop look came over and said something to them. They let go of me, and he addressed himself to me. He showed me his ID and started to ask questions.

He asked who I was and what I was doing in the airport. I explained I was an American merchant marine officer on his way back to the United States. He asked if I could prove it. I told him certainly, if the Carabinieri would give me back my briefcase. I showed him my passport, my airline ticket, my license and my discharge book. He gave his men a signal to stand down, and walked me a little away from them. At that point, he apologized and told me about the rumor that some Turkish loons were plotting to kill the Pope. Apparently I looked a little like one of the terrorists, and I was wearing a Turkish-made suit, and his men had thought better safe than sorry, so ...

I told him I understood, and regretted that we didn't have a day's layover in Rome so I could see some of the places I had only read about, and perhaps have one really good Italian meal not built around pasta. We parted friends.

But at least the Carabinieri had a legitimate reason for stopping me, and weren't doing it for the crime of "walking while black." Even in the Cesspool That Never Sleeps, in most neighborhoods minorities who are walking through are doing just that -- walking though to get to someplace else. The cops could at least wait for them to do something suspicious instead of just being not white!

11. GSFixit

GSFixit Curmudgeon In Training

PA
    :D We always knew you were dangerous....

1980 was a different time wasn't it?

12. Jay

Jay Old man, No tact... Staff Member

I was taught to profile many years ago, and those skills have served me well.

I'll continue to profile.

13. Rambo

Rambo G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

America
    A local sheriffs deputy was pulling cars over for broken taillights, cracked windshields, license plate lights out, etc. in an area frequented by illegals on their way to the packing plant where they worked. Once stopped, he would ticket them for no license and no insurance since he knew they were illegals and would not have them. A suit was filed in court for racial profiling. It was brought up that although he pulled them over for a minor infraction, he never ticketed them for it, just the major ones. The sheriff agreed and now, these illegals get ticketed for every minor infraction as well as the major ones. No more racial profiling. EVERYBODY gets stopped and ticketed! However, you know who is still getting the lions share of violations.

14. Rave

Rave G&G Evangelist

+1000
    Some things never change and a truth is a truth no matter how it is spun.:whistle: