close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

making parts

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by tommy, Apr 25, 2002.

1. tommy

tommy G&G Enthusiast

how do i go about making parts for my ak to get a patent for with out breakin the law do i have to have a special permit. or can i team up with a person who has a class 3 permit. havent made nuthin yet it is still in my head ( the best place for it he he ) but all jokes aside i got some great ideas about trigger enhance ments.and they will work but i don't want to get into trouble for just not knowin the laws .i am a disabled person with nuthin but time on his hands. but i figured those hell fire thinga magiggas had to start in someones brain. and i want to do it legally.so tell me how to go about it .

2. BattleRifleG3

BattleRifleG3 G&G Evangelist

If you're talking about full-auto type fire, it's only legal if it uses your power to fire each shot. It must be external, otherwise, it's classified as full auto, and forget about making it unless you're working directly for the government. As far as making external human powered devices, I doubt you need a license, but most companies that make them include a card of BATF approval just in case law enforcement never heard of these devices. If you don't have the card, you may have a lot of explaining to do to unreceptive people.

3. tommy

tommy G&G Enthusiast

i hear ya one of the things i was thinkin about is a trigger that would mount under neath the regular trigger . the improve ment would be you choice of fireing semi or tri burst . it bolts to the outside of the gun so no disasemble of the gun is required and no modifieing or should i say no machineing of anf of the regular gun parts .would that still be cosidered fully auto. or is tri burst legal. note the trigger will fuction as it allways haseven with the thing installed it will move back and forth just as it would if your finger was doin it

4. BattleRifleG3

Sounds fine to me. But BATF and some cops can get real screwy about some stuff. You'd be wise to have a get-out-of-jail-free card like they send with the other such devices.

5. tommy

tommy G&G Enthusiast

yea i hear ya don't wanna break no laws i like my guns to much to have um takin away

6. BattleRifleG3

Fact is a lot of cops don't even know the gun laws and will suspect anything they don't understand. Some of them need an attitude adjustment. I can see that you know and respect the law. Fact is some of them don't, some want to feel important by treating you like a criminal.
    I make sure I know my laws as well as anyone, so if anyone tries to accuse me of anything, I will never have to back down.

For example, one off-duty cop at a range gave one of our posers trouble for having a perfectly legal SAR-1 AK variant. That's some nerve. Cops lose credibility that way. I say this with the utmost respect to all law enforcement personnel who contribute to this site.

7. tommy

tommy G&G Enthusiast

i agree with you 100%. some people think just cause they got a badge there a expert.and another question if i buy a pistol do i have to get it registerd.it ain't stolen or nuthin like that .

8. jarcp

jarcp G&G Newbie

Tommy, The eaisest way that I know of is to pose your question via e-mail to the atf. They have always been really helpful to me in this area. Amazingly enough, they are really friendly and not at all like the anti-gunners I thought them to be. They will even point you to the loopholes in the law.

9. tommy

tommy G&G Enthusiast

hey that ain't a bad ideai will try that. they might get itsy and start watching me though.ain't no biggie though.the only law i broke in a while is we went to a funiture store and i look one of those tags off of a matress he he .:target:

10. BattleRifleG3

I'd use an organizational phone to call ATF, I heard they trace and keep records of callers for future persecution. I've been wanting to do that using a campus phone, as an inquiry from an educational institution seems much more intellectually oriented.