Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The Westroads Mall (Omaha) where 8 people were killed and 5 wounded was a gun-free zone. See story: FOXNews.com - Media Coverage of Mall Shooting Fails to Reveal Mall's Gun-Free-Zone Status - Opinion

It saddens me to think of how many lives could have been saved had this mall not been a "gun-free zone". Nebraska is a CCW state, however, the law abiding citizens followed the law, and therefore, where unarmed and unable to stop the killer. Yet another example of how "gun-free zones" do not protect innocent people. So sad :shakes head:

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
"gun-free zone", that's the problem. those folk should have been armed responsibly and properly instructed. this story would have had a different ending, a lot better one i would think with less loss of life.

·
Registered
17,218 Posts
"gun free" means gun free only to law abiding citizens...but not to "perps" or crazies. Being a gun free area doesn't solve the problem when crazies are on the loose.

·
Registered
6,918 Posts
When the victims or the victims families begin to file lawsuits against the Malls, Stores, and Schools who declare gun-free zones and prohibit licensed people from carrying firearms yet fail to protect these customers or students begin to see large judgments handed down by the courts to these victims maybe then they will realize their liability.

·
Registered
654 Posts
When the victims or the victims families begin to file lawsuits against the Malls, Stores, and Schools who declare gun-free zones and prohibit licensed people from carrying firearms yet fail to protect these customers or students begin to see large judgments handed down by the courts to these victims maybe then they will realize their liability.
Exactly, "gun free zone" signs only advertise to the criminally intent, that there is easy pickins to be had

·
Registered
10,770 Posts
Gun free zone = Free range, live targets. I think that mall infringed on the right to bear arms as specified in the 2 nd amendment and their state constitution.

·
Banned
4,920 Posts
This morning I listened to a radio show on "Cost to Coast AM" where they took a look into a possible source cause of the problem behind the Omaha shooting, that correlates to the Columbine and VA Tech shootings as well. COAST TO COAST AM WITH GEORGE NOORY: SHOWS

In each of these shooting tragedies, participants who were doing the shooting were using anti-depressants (SSRIs).

Featured on the radio show was Dr. Ann Blake Tracy. She has been following the negative trends associated with children/teens and young adults using SSRIs, and additional info is available from her research at drugawareness.org:
http://www.kitofoundation.org/media/nprshellys.mp3

Peter Jennings ABC News: September 15, 1999

·
Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler
36,353 Posts
"Gun Free Zone" = "Free Fire Zone". 'Nuff said. :eek:wned2:

·
Registered
10,770 Posts
There is more to this that is reported. The Pres and DHS were there at the mall that day. I saw this and for some "odd" reason, Google news search does not return a repeat of the ABC news admission that DHS was at the mall that day. You'll have to go through this route to get there. Charles Gibson reports. Go to Alex Jones Prison Planet .com and scroll down the left side until you see Minister of homeland security at mall the same day of massacre. That will take you there. There are fixing to be guns in every mall. We are going to very safe and searched and checked just like the airports, buses and trains. Cause, [massacre] reaction, [thousands turn out] solution. [Random Searches]

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
I have not really been following this, but I have heard a little about it. As I understood it the shooter had an AK-47 correct? He was in a mall that did not allow guns right? I have heard talk about the fact that CCW were not allowed in the mall. I have to ask the question, armed with a handgun what are your chances to take out someone armed with an AK? Don’t get me wrong, I would prefer to be armed rather than not. I am just thinking that if I was at the mall I am going to find some place with some good cover to hide, but I would have liked to be armed incase the bad guy got close to me. I don’t think that I would have gone after him. Would you have gone after him? Or duck and cover?

Despoiler

·
Registered
20,562 Posts
Despoiler I haven't kept up with this shooting either and as far as the signs go I would still carry in a guns free zone such as a mall.
That doesnt mean I would carry in a federal building though. A.H

·
Banned
92 Posts
Despoiler, good point. My opinion is that I would find a good place to hide duck cover etc... and if the opportunity presents itself empty the magazine.

"He who is prudent and lies in wait for an enemy who is not, will be victorious." -Sun Tzu

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
the only gun problem we have in this country that's almost as big as the number of guns in the wrong hands is the lack of them in the right hands

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Gun Free Zones work . . . just watch this . . .

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGqiULYbt5Y]YouTube - 1/2 Hour News Hour - "Gun Free Zone"[/ame]

Antoine thought this Super 8 Motel was a gun free zone . . . .

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZrdbSJVSVM]YouTube - Good guy 1, Bad guy 0, CCW in action[/ame]

·
Premium Member
7,702 Posts
That guy fired upon someone fleeing in that second video. Why he is scum trying to rob them at gun point, he is running away. In NC that is a big no-no...he was no longer in danger.

·
Devil's Advocate >:)
7,445 Posts
That guy fired upon someone fleeing in that second video. Why he is scum trying to rob them at gun point, he is running away. In NC that is a big no-no...he was no longer in danger.
Eh, it may be a big no no in NC, but that guy tried to rob them and there was a little kid sitting at the counter. I don't think people think that much when they're in that situation. I would probably be shooting too.

·
Banned
4,920 Posts
Is there more to this Omaha Mall story than what we are being told through main-stream media?

Is it just a very troubled young man taking out his anger on innocent shoppers at a mall?

Is it more than there being the possibility that the shooter was on SSRIs, had a chemical reaction in his body, and then flipped out, like we've read/heard previously about shooters at Columbine and VA Tech?

Is it more than a coincidence that DHS had earlier circulated reports through the media that terrorist activity was suspected in our local malls and other places where large numbers of Americans would gather over the holidays. (There were reports in the news of suspected terrorists coming into the US through Mexico and the possibility of them attacking us in our malls and large public gathering places. And, for some time DHS has been trying to get malls to cooperate with DHS efforts to establish a stronger police presence in malls, like they have successfully established at airports and sporting events.)

Also, we learned that there was a DHS agent in the mall, just before or at the same time of the shooting, played out in time sequence according to which media source you get your news from. The DHS agent was there to discuss "security issues" with mall owners/managers. Then a mad man, conveniently using the dreaded AK "assault weapon", starts killing people.

Was DHS trying to stage another event of panic, now at the Omaha Mall, to try and generate more terrorist terror, public out cry and then a clamoring for protection from threat, real threat or stagged, thus allowing DHS to establish a strong police presence in malls...just like they have at our airports, sporting events, and other public venues where large numbers gather?

Does anyone else have some thoughts and info to share on this long string of coincidently linked events that are gradually turning our US into a police state?

Where is Paul Harvey when we need him for "the rest of the Story"?

·
Banned
4,920 Posts
Well, if DHS gets their way, it may no longer be a "gun free" zone...because this mall, and others soon to follow, will take "appropriate measures" to enhance security, and there will be people in the malls carrying guns. http://www.twincities.com/allheadlines/ci_7671610?nclick_check=1

Will those people carrying guns in the mall be private citizens with CCWs, Mall hired security personnel, or DHS funded/contracted security and police units?

Maybe this is an employment opportunity for Blackwater, like it was in New Orleans, and still is in Iraq? t r u t h o u t - Blackwater Mercenaries Deploy in New Orleans and Blackwater Watch » Blog Archive » Blackwater Buying Ground Attack Aircraft

·
Registered
10,770 Posts
Try http:// digg.com/politics/DHS_Visited_Omaha_Mall_Before_Massacre. These shootings are being reported to make gun owners look bad. I don't think we have protection by the govt, but protection from the govt.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts