Man Dies In Vat Of Chocolate

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Doglips, Jul 24, 2002.

1. Doglips

Doglips Guest

I can see Beer..but chocolate....well what a sweat way to die :p

Man Dies In Vat Of Chocolate
    Officials Believe Death Was Industrial Accident
    Posted: 7:41 a.m. EDT July 24, 2002

HATFIELD, Pa -- A 19-year-old candy factory worker died after being submerged in a 1,200-gallon vat of liquefied chocolate for an undetermined amount of time.

Yoni Cordon of Philadelphia was discovered in the vat by co-workers at the Kargher Corporation in Hatfield, Pa., around 4 p.m. Tuesday, authorities said.

Police say they believe Cordon had been working on a platform near the opening of the vat, which is used for mixing and melting chocolate.

Nobody saw Cordon fall and it was unknown how long he was submerged in the chocolate before he was found.

The Montgomery County Coroner's Office pronounced Cordon dead at the scene shortly after his body was found. The cause of death has not been determined, but an autopsy was scheduled.

Hanrahan says foul play was not suspected and the death was being investigated as an occupational accident.

Copyright 2002 by The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten

2. Lenny2

Lenny2 Guest

hmm

Well I'll be dipped in...

3. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

Now I gotta give up candy bars for awhile...

4. BenP

BenP Guest

Yeccchhh!! What a disgusting way to go. At least he wasn't caught in a taffy puller.

5. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

Thats the way my wife wants to check out of this mortal plane!

6. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

Ben P.. was that a taffy pulling contest at St. Peters?...or a p**** pulling contest at St. Taffys?

7. Better than falling into a sewer plant sludge digester, which looks like chocolate.

8. wes

wes Guest

Anybody want a chocolate easter bunny?

9. at least he didn't die from that machine that injects custard into donuts
    -Jesse

10. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

Dang! I'll never order "Death by Chocolate" again. Might have some extra protein in there.

11. BenP

BenP Guest

Well, I feel fortunate, I do not like chocolate all that much. Lots o' yuckas their NRAJoe.