Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The latest crop to choose from lol. I would love one of each.

Steyr Mannlicher Mod L (posted before and still for sale)

Cool spiral-forged barrel on these.

Mauser Werke 4000
Musical instrument Air gun Wood Trigger Shotgun

Heym SR10

Steyr Mannlicher Mountain Rifle. Also has that spiral forged barrel but they blasted off the cool diamond shaped facets from the hammer forging during sand-blasting. If it had polished, blued metal it would be mine!

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hadn't noticed those spiral barrels before. Are attractive though. Like the wood and those rosewood forends on that one. Funny how walnut and glossy bluing used to be the norm for the longest time. Nowadays synthetic, carbon, fiberglass are used for stocks on many firearms. And some of those stocks ain't cheap either depending on materials used in construction. A Weatherby Lazer Mark was my dream back in the 80s but that price was too steep for me unfortunately. Sure looks like a showpiece though!
I was lucky enough to find an as-new Vanguard Lazerguard a while back. It is a beautifulk rifle and probably my hands-down favorite though it's almost too pretty to shoot.

I really do like the wood stocks. I have 2 rifles w. synthetic stocks. One is a Webley & Scott Empire (based on Howa 1500) and the other a Vanguard Weatherguard. They are comfortable and grippy to shoot but I always feel like they would be better with wood. The Webley & Scott came from the factory with 2 stocks, one synthetic, one walnut and rosewood but the synthetic stock on it is really nice. I think it is a Hogue over-molded stock and almost feels like Alcantara. It has a really nice fluted and tapered fore end with a flat bottom and is really comfortable shooting.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts