close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

marine corp hymn sempre fi

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by 7mmag6, Aug 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 7mmag6

7mmag6 G&G Newbie

" From the halls of Montezuma, to the shores of Tripoli, We fight our country's battles in the air, on land and sea. First to fight for right and freedom, and to keep our honor clean; We are proud to claim the title of United States Marines "
    " Our flag's unfurled to every breeze from dawn to setting sun. We have fought in every clime and place, where we could take our gun. From the snow of far off northern lands and in sunny tropic scenes, You will find us always on the job, The United States Marines "
    " Here's to health to you and to our Corps which we are proud to serve. In many a strife we've fought for life and we've never lost our nerve. If the Army or the Navy ever look on heaven's scenes, they will find the streets are guarded by United States Marines "

2. jerry

jerry Since 2002 Forum Contributor

USA
    Thanks for the extra effort. Iv'e heard this dozens of times and never really extracted every word.
    Marine Corps Aviation Rocks! They even fed us when the AF couldn't.

3. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

Sorry, but every time I hear "Semper Fidelis" or the words about the honor of the Marine Corps, I can not help but remember Moscow.

4. jerry

USA
    OK Klaus,
    Bust the good buzz & hit us with the history lesson.

5. Oxford

Oxford G&G Evangelist

Yes, Klaus, tell us about the Marines and how they relate to Moscow. I'm puzzled about their relationship.

By the way 7mmmag, thanks for showing the words of the song on this thread. It appropriate now, been appropriate before, and will be appropriate later. We need to re-hear lots of our "old" national songs again lest we forget.

Oxford:nod:

6. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

What???? You guys do not remember the big Moscow US Embassy scandal?????? You know, where the Marines guarding the building regularily let KGB agents enter, in exchange for sex. Surely you remember this. This was in the mid 80s.

7. jerry

USA
    Ah, ok Well your right. I don't think a few bad people in a group warrent a permanent scar on the rest as a whole. True, this was deploreable. The people involved shamed the Corps, the military and the United States. That being said, it's a ****ed good organization and I will be proud to fight with them when my turn in the barrel comes again. Klaus, I respect your opinion, If you feel that bad about US Marines I'm sorry.

8. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

No, I do not hate the Marines. It is just that this stuff comes to mind when they keep making a big deal about how honorable they are.

9. jerry

USA
    I Never said the hate word. Seems you feel badly about the organization & that's your right. There is an AF guy on the chopping block for espionage. Does that make the entire AF a dishonorable organization? I think not. You obviously feel very passionate about this, thats cool. The beauty of it is these Marines and others will give their lives so you can voice your opinion. 'Nuff said, I'm not going to dwell on it.

10. Doglips

Doglips G&G Newbie

Ill admit some of my brother Marines messed up...so what...18 yr olds tempeted by sex.. Lots of good people in all brances..and some not so good...course when I was a recrutier I kept getting calls from the DIs qustioning the "quality" of the people I signed up. :) Still like the song.

11. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

Jerry, I made the point about the Marines because THEY are the ones always going on and on about how honorable and faithful they are in their commercials.

12. 7mmag6

7mmag6 G&G Newbie

klaus is right , when i was a young marine in the crap I could not wait to get the h-ell out, now im old and just a blowhard old marine, and I cant stand those commercials

13. Well I am sure there is the good-- the bad-- and the ugly-- in every armed service. I wasn't in the forces, but my little brother was in the navy. I have heard enough stories to make me wonder what the heck?

14. Eric

Eric G&G Newbie

USA
    Hell, I appreciate the effort.

15. 7mmag6

7mmag6 G&G Newbie

dang it dang it I just noticed i misspelled semper fi, you guys should of been on me, thats one horrible reproach from an old marine, semper fidelis

16. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

I noticed it, but decided not to make a big deal of it.

17. Pay Attention Klaus

Any group, whether it be men, women, goats, Klauses or Marines, is made up of various individual pieces. Some are more or less nearer to perfect than others.
    I don't believe your memory of the misconduct of a few justifies your statement made here.
    Semper F**k you.

18. Oxford

Oxford G&G Evangelist

Time to send up flares where the battle line has been drawn on this issue. (ha) There's no need for anyone to overreact.

However, I would have been disappointed if someone in the marine corp. hadn't spoken up in their defense. Beyond this statement, I'm out of here on this one.

Oxford:fuss:

19. Jesse

Jesse G&G Newbie Forum Contributor

I agree... I have the upmost respect for the USMC. I see no need to judge them all by the actions of a few. This thread has found its end.

Jesse

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.