close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Mark II pistol

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by panhandler, Mar 23, 2002.

1. OK. I'm sold on the Mark II. Should I buy the standard target model, or the government practice model? I want the pistol in stainless, but don't want to spend too much. Alright, you experts, advise a willing novice! My shooting will be in very informal competitions. Thanks!

2. squirrelsniper

squirrelsniper G&G Newbie

It mostly depends on which you like the feel of best, as there won't be much difference (if any at all) in the accuracy of the two. Personally, I like the look and feel of the heavy barreled pistols so that's what I buy, but everyone is different when it comes to such things. If you are planning to mount a scope in the future, I would recommend that you also look at the Competition model. It doesn't cost much more than the Government, and the Competition model also comes with a removeable scope base, 1" scope rings, and laminated thumbrest grips made for a right handed shooter. Actually it would cost more to buy another model pistol and then buy a scope base, rings, and target style grips for the it, than it would to go ahead and buy the Competition model. If you aren't planning on mounting a scope, it's pretty much just whatever floats your boat.:D

3. jerry

jerry Since 2002 Forum Contributor

USA
    Squirrel sniper has just about baggeg it for you. The only thing i might add is the 22/45 SST polymer grip set at the approx angle of ~~~~you guessed it the 1911. I do belive John Browning would have been a modern day ergonomics expert as well as brilliant gun designer.

4. Thanks guys! I'll hold the standard, (I've already held the government and it felt great!) and see which one suits me. Scopes are certainly not allowed in our just-for-fun shooting, so I'll let you know what I pick. I may just buy both.

5. I'll suggest you get the standard! I have the standard target model with heavy stainless stell barrel! It shoots really accurate! I love it!

6. jerry

jerry Since 2002 Forum Contributor

USA
    foregot to mention i got a really nice set of wood grips for mine out of Payson AZ. Can't remember the name of the company, i think iv'e slept since then!

7. DavidC

DavidC G&G Newbie

i have a mk2 with a clark combat trigger that is fully adjustable, that was used for turkey hunting my son now owns it and loves it he carries it when he goes hunting and any time he is in the brush . it is the short barreled 4 5/8 bull barrel with pacmyre grips . Any way you go this gun make a great starting point to enjoy yourself with keep shoting and get a kid involved

8. I've just got the government target model in stainless! I've outfitted it with the Houge grips and can't wait to shoot and accurize it. Thanks for everyone's input! Happy shooting!

9. artnkaren

artnkaren G&G Newbie

Hi,

Good pick on the government target model. I've heard it is really
    great to shoot. I don't know how it compares to the 22/45, but I love mine and never had as nice a pistol to shoot and it is as accurate as any around for the price.:D

Last edited: May 23, 2002