Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
18,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at an AK mag SKS at a gun show and saw a 93 stamped on the receiver near the Serial number,don't see this on the regular Chinese SKSs. I am assuming this is the impot date,am I correct?
It was equipped with a folding stock,and if it was a 93 then the stock could have been installed prior to 9-14-94 therefore making it a possible grandfathered assault rifle.
I haven't looked at any other AK mag SKSs yet,any of you guys familiar with them,I know some of you have posted that you own them,how about taking a look?
It looked interesting,16" barrel and folding stock would make a nice compact package.

· Registered
18,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well thanks all,I figured you would come through for me!
The asking price was $400.00 which I thought was a little high,but in light of your responses and the prices of AKs equiped in the same fashion,perhaps it really wasn't!
What do you guys think?
I may run across it again as another gunshow is fast approaching!:cool: :cool: :D

· Registered
18,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Been studying this topic for a while,and it seems that the laws up until Oct,93 were not about owning an illegal weapon but about making an illegal one.
The Sep,13,94 law grandfathers any semi-auto assault weapon owned legally prior to that date.
If it was owned prior to Sep.13,94 it was legal to own or transfer. If you had changed it yourself,the statute of limitations ranout in 5 years.
Therefore if the weapons was an assault type manufactured by you,prior to 97 the statutes of limitations has run out.
Of course if the date on the weapon is after Sep. 13,94,it would be quite the trick to prove it was legally a grand fathered assault weapon.:nod: :nod: :nod: :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.