Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a marlin made .30/30, and it's a really great brush gun, and I wouln't mind soupin it up alittle bit, but im not sure as far as marlin 30/30's go what type of stuff to get on it, my question to yall is what type of scope would yall put on it, or if yall now if you can get folding stocks for them just for the H3ll of it?

·
Premium Member
23,774 Posts
Paging Doctor Frankengun Aka Brg3

Marlins are easy enough to scope, but the type of scope would depend on planned use.

maybe an AK folding stock could be adapted, or a synthetic stock with an AK type of pistol grip, maybe adding a box magazine ala AK, and a bipod like the RPK (AK), just make sure the sights are straight :p

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahha, i am so funny i am beside myself with humor :confused:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im just wondering how would I even be able to put a stock on one? I wouldn't have to go at the wooden stock with a hack saw would I? because screw that sh** if you do.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Incase yall are wondering, im just wondering if you can even get a folding stock on a marlin .30/30, because I don't think I have ever even seen a 30/30 that had anything besides a scope on it.

·
Registered
8,921 Posts
there are no folding stocks available for the 336 Marlins -- throw a scope on it and you have upgraded it to its fullest potential -- if you want a folder buy a 12ga Mossy and change the stock out --

Section 921(a)(7) defines a rifle as a firearm designed and intended to be fired from the shoulder. Of course that does not mean that you can not simply hold the firearm in you hands and shoot it, but as a rifle it must have a buttstock of some sort. 921(a)(29) defines a handgun as a firearm designed to be held and fired with a single hand (of course you can use two hands on the big magnums!). 921(a)(8) defines a short barreled rifle as any rifle with a barrel(s) under 16 inches in length or any firearm made from a rifle with an over all length of less than 26" with the stock removed. As a result you cannot take an exisitng rifle and convert it into a pistol by removing the buttstock and cutting down the barrel. Under the regulations you would be constructing a short barreled rifle and this would need to be registered. On the other hand, you can readily convert any pistol into a rifle by simply adding a barrel 16 inches or more in length in addition to some sort of buttstock bringing the over all length up tp 26 inches.

·
Registered
11,913 Posts
I have actually tried to design a levergun feeding AK ammo from AK mags, or possibly 30-30 from Bren Mags. But that would have to be a new design, not an upgrade of a tube fed levergun. Maybe, some day.

I could actually imagine a 30-30 levergun with a folding stock, as it would be practical for vehicle storage. If you had to be able to fire it folded it would take a little more doing, but I think a side or underfolder would work out ok. Kel Tec is planning to release an underfolding version of their SU-16 that has no p-grip and can fire while folded. Very interesting and innovative. You could not use a separate pistol grip on a levergun because even if you redesigned the lever, it wouldn't have room to move as much as necessary.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Im not sure but can't you get replaceable lever's? that can be rounder and what not? Im really not sure on this but I think that each different levers only go with the manufacturer, but im not sure. I think it would be awesome to find a sorta rounded golden lever to replace my metal one on my marlin .30/30, just because I have a golden trigger on mine.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts