Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all, I just picked up a decent lever action this weekend. was wondering if any one cuold help me with year and value. the serial # is 7 digit starting with 48xxxxx . It has a saddle ring and no pistol grip as the book says. thaks all buzz.

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
buzzard said:
hi all, I just picked up a decent lever action this weekend. was wondering if any one cuold help me with year and value. the serial # is 7 digit starting with 48xxxxx . It has a saddle ring and no pistol grip as the book says. thaks all buzz.
Just a question. Is there a Letter in front of the serial number plus is that the correct SN?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats my fault. needed my glasses. its AB44xxx, sure hope that helps and thanks for responding. buzz

·
Registered
4 Posts
Does this firearm have a square bolt or a round bolt? What caliber? All 1936 and 36's had pistol grips. Model 93's had a straight grip. All 1894s, 1893s and 93s had model designations on the tang. It's hard to diagnose what you have from the lack of information you supply.

·
Registered
4 Posts
buzzard said:
thats my fault. needed my glasses. its AB44xxx, sure hope that helps and thanks for responding. buzz
The AB indicates that the rifle was manufactured in 1966. The model T had a straight stock and some 336s were supplied with a brass saddlering

1 - 6 of 6 Posts