Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, I own a Marlin 336 Lever-Action rifle, chambered in .30-.30, and since things are going slow these past few weeks, I thought maybe I'd see how many of you guys have lever guns. It's a great gun, and I recieved it as a gift from my father a couple Christmas' back. So far its been an excellent rifle, with no complaints whatsoever on my part. I've got the iron sights dialed in right now perfect at 100 yds, and I can hit clay pigeons at that distance.

Here is a picture of my rifle, dating back several months to when I had a 3-9X50mm equipped.

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
I`d love one with a red dot or a 4 power Leupold. For scrub / brush duty on pigs. Quite popular rifles in my neck of the woods.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I got it about 5 Christmas' back as my first deer rifle, and I went out and bought some stupid azz scope that shouldn't be on there. I took it off about a year ago when I got serious with it. I shoot better with the darn open sights anyway. A 4X would just about be perfect I think. The Whitetail around here like to hide in the tree's. In fact, I think I'm going to go try to get my hands on a 4X.

·
Registered
815 Posts
I've got an old 336 R.C. Im not sure of the date on it though. It's smooth as anything and its sighted at about 50 yards. Just a tad heavy on the front though. I'd give you a picture but I don't know how.

·
Registered
815 Posts
I had an old Kmart 4 power on it. It was on the rifle since before I got it. So it was pretty old. Crapped out on me day before Deer. So I ran out and bought a Simmons Prohunter 3-9. Works great. Good thing I went shootnig one more time before I hunted.

·
Tradehawker LLC / www.tradehawker.com / Jn 17:17
2,041 Posts
Absolutely one of the best rifles made. Due to the quality and durability of the Marlin 336 and the widely avalible round it fires : .30/30, it is my belief that every gunowner should consider owning at least one.

The Marlin 336 is also offered in .35 Remington, which is not as common a caliber but makes a heck of a powerful brush round.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
I have lever action rifles all over the place. Three Marlins in .357, .44 and .45-70, two Winchester .30-30's, a .22 Browning and a .22 Ruger lever. All I need now is a .410 gauge lever action shotgun.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You are a lucky man, SPEEDY. I wish I had gotten the stainless edition. Oh well, maybe someday.

·
Registered
630 Posts
There is an old modle 36 (forunner to the 336) that floates through our family. Iron sights on at 100 yards, and shoots as well today as it did out of the box when my Granddad got it many moons ago. IMHO you can't go wrong with a Marlin

-UR

·
Banned
18 Posts
I shot my first deer with my dad using his 336 when i was 11, 20 yrs ago. My dad has sinced pasted away, I take this gun out every year and shoot a deer with it, its like taking him with me, and i always think about that day. When my son is old enough he will use this gun to shoot his first deer. It just has a pile of memories with it.

·
Registered
20,562 Posts
Though I have other rifles to deer hunt with My main deer rifle is a Marlin lever action .375 caliber.
The fit, the weight and accuratcy is why I like them so well.

·
Registered
20,562 Posts
JoeLee I love mine too and I guess I'll be buying one in a few weeks.
Which one I don't know but the 35 caliber will probably be it and maybe it will be one of the XLRs.
I wished I could get one of the 35's and have it reemed to .358 win chamber thats what I really want...A.H

·
Registered
5,065 Posts
A.H. shame on yew , ya just ordered a new shotgun and now yer after a new rifle Lordy Son give some others that chance to catch the heck up!

·
Registered
20,562 Posts
EZ I'm spend'in my inheritance !!!! Befo my wife doe's !!LOL LMAO ROFL

And I'm fiddin to go see what a CZ 52 pistol is, that I know you want so much too !

·
Banned
1,236 Posts
In years long gone now,I remember when I'd have to wait for one of them Barracudas I married,to go out before sneaking in another gun.Just so I wouldn't have to hear the endless BS.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts