Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a marlin shotgun thats the 3in bolt action goose gun thats huge, and i was just wondering how big a shotgun clip you can get for it?

:uzi:
:assult:
:target:
:gangster: :insane:
:full:
:flame:

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
2rd is biggest I know of, but you can legally make one up to 10rd, and after September 13th, the sky's the limit.

If you're handy with tools, I'd suggest taking a 2rd mag and extending it. If that doesn't seem feasible to you, PM me, we might be able to work something out (I'm starting a manufacturing business.) My friend has a goose gun I could test such a thing in to make sure it works right.

Oh, and by the way, it's a magazine, not a clip. ;) Clips are used to feed ammunition into magazines, fixed or detachable. An extremely common misuse of the term, which I often let pass.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Im not up on the gun laws, but on sept 13 dosent the law clinton made or somthing dissapear? Also did you have to rub the clip thing in my face :) J/k

But yeah If anything goes after sept 13, I would be interested in buying a magazine of the sort from you! so when you start testing stuff and if you can make one, I would be interested in buying the largest shotgun magazine you can make, lol I think having a 10 round magizine or bigger on my goose gun would be pretty sweet! I don't really use mine for goose hunting though, I just use mine for shooting stuff up. I also have a Browning 20 GA Shotgun - A5 Lightweight - Belgium semi-auto shotgun, with a great bishop stock, since I can't upload pics of any of my guns right know, I'll post a look alike of it in the browning section.

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
To post pics, go to "Manage attachments" after using the "go advanced" or "post reply" button. Browse your computer and select the file you want to attach.

I too plink with shotguns, both shot and slugs. Have done some pretty impressive stuff to milk jugs, computer parts, and even got a slug to seat in 1/2" thick aluminum (don't try this at home).

If that's as low as a 5rd mag would hang, could you imagine a 10 or even bigger? I'd stick with 10 myself. I'll check out my friend's goose gun next time I see him and see what I can figure out.

If you can find a source for the standard mags, that would be a step in the right direction.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts