close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Marlin 795 receiver

Discussion in 'Rimfire Rifles' started by William S Mettz, Sep 12, 2017.

1. William S Mettz

William S Mettz G&G Newbie

HI I was wondering if anyone new of an aftermarket receiver that is made for a Marlin 795. Preferably not aluminum. And with a picatanny base.

2. FN FAL

FN FAL NOT a new member Forum Contributor

There are not any aftermarket marlin receivers that I have ever heard of. The 795, 60, 70 and I am sure some other models that all shared the same basic receiver. Aftermarket parts are just not available like they are for the Ruger 10-22 to build a rifle from scratch so there really has never been a need for an aftermarket receiver.

A few years ago I bought all the parts for a stainless steel Marlin model 60 minus the receiver. I bought a block of stainless steel and machined my own receiver. Its not a small job by any means and some of the machining steps take making tooling and fixtures. I have parts sets now to complete at least two more blued model 60's, another stainless 60, and a blued model 70, all taking the same receiver. With so many other projects going on right now making receivers for 22 rifles is not on a front burner.
    And just so you know its illegal for someone who does not have a manufacturers FFL to make you a receiver. You can make all you want for YOURSELF though.

jwrauch likes this.

3. FN FAL

FN FAL NOT a new member Forum Contributor

some pictures of the receiver and rifle

marlin 60 f.jpg marlin 60 b.jpg marlin 60 h.jpg

For as diligent as I was about being spot on the money when indicating things in I have found that either the barrel hole is off or the top scope mount is off ever so slightly. You can make the scope work or the iron sights work but the two do not shoot to the exact same spot. Not that a commercial made rifle would do any better. marlin 60 j.jpg

This is a test target with 3 different brands of 22 ammo, no scope, standing at about 15 yards from the target. The remington ammo didn't do quite as well as the Eley and Aquila stuff. marlin 60 k.jpg

MoDoc and jwrauch like this.
  4. William S Mettz

William S Mettz G&G Newbie