Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
I have heard on a aussie hunting forum that marlin is/has released a new bolt action centrefire range?Is there any info you fellas have that might help?The price quoted is just to good to knock back,i think a new 25/06 and maybe a 7mm08 if they make them.
i just left their website, no large cal. bolt action rifles. they do have the new .308 cal. lever action rifle. very sharp looking.:)

·
Banned
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i just left their website, no large cal. bolt action rifles. they do have the new .308 cal. lever action rifle. very sharp looking.:)

Its not on their site.but their is a rumour its being released this january.bolt action marlin centrefire rifle,called XL7.With a trigger not much different looking to a savage accu trigger.

this is all i could find

Shooting Sports Retailer Website

·
Registered
20,562 Posts
murp one of the post said it looks like Mossberg and Marlin are going after Savage.
Personaly I believe it will hurt Remington the most.
I can't wait to look one over.
Thank You for posting this info feller...A.H

·
Banned
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I dont know who it will hurt,if remington cant compete then maybe so be it?The quality is still going to determine who buys what,i wont buy a rifle cheap if it dont shoot right.I also wont continue buying something i have a few of if quality drops of.Only remington i own is a xp100.have never owned a rem rifle,or a savage.Have owned a marlin 1894 and like marlin rifles.The savages are also very tempting after a few mates have them.

·
Registered
20,562 Posts
The MR 7 was Marlins effort before this one to market a Boltaction rifle.
By now you've probably looked them up. May be.
It shared features of the Winchester 70 and Remington 700 and cost what they cost at the time.
They were very butiful rifles. I wish I knew why they pulled the plug on them after about 2 years production.
But thats not uncommon for Marlin to do that...A.H

·
Registered
1 Posts
Marlin Rifles to Murphy

Hi Guys new kid on the block. I was looking a few weeks ago for the Marlin rifle and the only thing I could find was a sister co.Stevens with the bolt gun, besides the Marlin 512 shotgun. I can't remember the cal.'s though.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts