Gun and Game Forum banner
21 - 40 of 45 Posts

· Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler
37,465 Posts
No, the 925 uses the newer magazine design. Your rifle needs the older magazine - see the style used in Clone1450's rifle. Numrich should have them available.

Reactions: Boneheads#2biguns

· Registered
12 Posts
jeffers i had the same problem. i actually found the magazine on a couple of different websites but everytime i went to order it they would say out of stock, unable to order. i finally called marlin direct and was able to order it over the phone.. i think they were approx $12-13 each. specify the exact model you have and whether the 25 has a letter after it or not. that makes for different clips. it's a 7 shot magazine. marlin parts and info 800 544 8892. hope this helps you out...

· Registered
384 Posts
My first gun was a Glenfield marlin model 25. I put a scope on it and mine was very accurate. Me and my cousin shot cans at about 125 yds, we just had to hold way high. Wish it hadn't got stolen, the federalies are slow about getting evidence back. But it is a great gun, i miss plinking with mine. It shoots much better than the .22 i have now. Congratulations on the gun and I am sure you won't be disappointed.

· Registered
1 Posts
I bought a Marlin Glenfield Model 25 .22 rifle this Spring for $100 (U.S.). Needless to say it is used, and made in 1971. This is the first firearm I have that is actually younger than I am...LOL. I was an entire two weeks old when 1971 began...LOL. I have fired this rifle about three times so far and I am really grateful to have it, fairly accurate, I'm happy with it.
Thanks
Mark
could you please weigh the Glenfield Model 25 for me and post its weight - i am interested in getting one but would like to have an idea on how much it weighs.

Thanks!!

· Registered
8 Posts
to jeffers1955 there is a web site i found that claims to cary every part for a marlin 25 it is e-gunparts.com. i have one of the old rifles myself it was my first rifle my dad bought it for me when i was 6 and at a early age he kept me in close proximity (but always carefully watched) with guns. the marlin 25 is painfully easy to maintain fix and use however as always never mistreat it someone can get hurt it is still a gun no matter how small it is. i myself am needing a part fairly hard to find untill now on e-gunparts.com. i need the ejector pin that when cocked the shell hits the pin throwing it out of the gun. the part for mine is roughly $4. they also have scematics readly avalable on the web page with descriptions of every part. as for yanges i dont know the exact weight of the rifle but truthfully if you are looking for a rifle for a child i would stick to a cricket .22(they sell em at wal-mart). if it is for yourself it isent really a heavy gun as you might think it is well balanced and built solid. well i dont know if i helped anyone but if you have any more questions feel free to e mail me at [email protected] ill try and get back to ya as soon as i can

· Registered
77 Posts
2 weeks ago i picked up a glenfield 25 w/ 1200 rounds for $99!!! my friend mike and 1 went to the hunting'camp in Shanksville PA with it this weekend and sent 300+ rounds down range, it was dead on after 5 shots at 75 yards :) the first two# are 23...i dont know what year that is... i also have a model 25n that was a gift when i was 12 and love it as'well. if some1 knows what year the glenfield is let me know!!!! thanks DP

:feedback:

· Registered
10,887 Posts
could you please weigh the Glenfield Model 25 for me and post its weight - i am interested in getting one but would like to have an idea on how much it weighs.

Thanks!!
It is truly a rare thing to find a .22 with a regular (non-bull) barrel that weighs more than 7 pounds. Most go from 5-6.5#

Unless someone is handicapped, the weight of a .22 should rarely be an issue.

· Registered
7 Posts
glenfield 25

i have the same rifle needs a bolt i gave up looking for one after 4 months it has a very fine looking stock and barrel and 2 clips i keep it stored away hopeing maybe one day a bolt would fall from the sky lol to me it is worthless just sets there may i will just sell it

· Registered
1 Posts
Hi, first post here.

The Glenfield 25 was manufactured from 1979 through 1982 according to Brophy. Others would suggest the Marlin Glenfield 25 was produced from 1972-1982
My very first gun was a Glenfield Model 25 I recieved for my eighth birthday, so that would have been September 1976.
I still have it. I'm trying to rehabilitate it. A search for info on this rifle lead me to this forum.

. . . I'm not sure where marlin was putting them in that period maybe somebody else here has better firsthand info, goodluck with your search and enjoy the rifle.
Take a pic of the barrel where they imprinted everything and post it here...that should alleviate a few headaches ;)
My serial number is on the left side of the receiver, just behind where it meets the barrel.

But it is pretty heavy, and pretty long, for a 9 year old.
Mine was cut down to fit me at eight. The barrel was shortened. My Barrel is 19". And the stock was shortened. Length of pull, from the butt plate to the trigger is 12.5".

All Marlins manufactured from 1969 to 1990:
The first two digits of the serial number designate the year of manufacture, either as the last two digits of the year (in 1969-71) or as a number code (1971 and later).

The year of manufacture for 24 = 1976.

Marlin Manufacture Dates
Cool! According to that, mine was made in 1975

I've been wanting to try my hand at the local .22 silhouette competition. Being too broke to buy a (another) new gun, I dug my Glenfield Model 25 out of the closet where it has sat unused for decades. Cleaned the fine coat of rust off with some 0000 steel wool and oil. Threw away the cheap scope I had on there and replaced it with a very used but pretty good 10x scope.
This trigger needs help. I don't remember it being a problem as a kid (maybe because I had nothing to compare it to), but this is one of the heaviest triggers I've ever pulled. I think I'm going to have a blister on my finger in the morning after putting in some serious practice last night and today.
Anyone know of a trigger kit for this gun or do I just take it to a local gunsmith and see if he can work it over?

Thanks,
Mike

· Registered
1 Posts
Glenfield Mod. 25

a friend of mine just gave me a Glenfield Model 25 the gun seems in pretty good shape. The only problem and why he gave it to me is the entire bolt assembly is missing... so it really isn't a riffle right now. putting this message out there to see if anyone has or knows where I could get a bolt assembly for this riffle. The serial number is 21594764 if that helps any.
Thanks for any and all help.
-Charlie

· Registered
10,887 Posts
This trigger needs help. I don't remember it being a problem as a kid (maybe because I had nothing to compare it to), but this is one of the heaviest triggers I've ever pulled. I think I'm going to have a blister on my finger in the morning after putting in some serious practice last night and today.
Anyone know of a trigger kit for this gun or do I just take it to a local gunsmith and see if he can work it over?

Thanks,
Mike
Just take it to a gunsmith. Tell him what you want it to do, and he should be able to make it happen.

OR...you can take action/barrel off, remove the trigger guard assembly, and take some fine-grit sandpaper (600-grit) and sand a little on the front of the "P" portion of the trigger where it makes contact with the sear (see where the set screw is below?? That where ya sand). There should be a little scraped spot where the trigger & sear meet. That's where ya just wanna sand until the paint is all gone & it's shiny...then you oil it & put it back together. That alone will probably lighten it a couple pounds & smooth it considerably

There are other simple mods, like Drill & Tapping the P with a set screw, BUT you darn well better use a Drill Press or find a gunsmith to do it...HotRod9mm did this one :)

The other option is buy a Rifle-Basix trigger & install it. Also pretty easy.

· Registered
94 Posts
"The Glenfield 25 was manufactured from 1979 through 1982 according to Brophy. Others would suggest the Marlin Glenfield 25 was produced from 1972-1982."

Just found a thread on Rimfirecentral, and, apparently, Brophy got the years confused. There is another poster there, who also has a 1969 Glenfield Model 25.

· Registered
10,887 Posts
"The Glenfield 25 was manufactured from 1979 through 1982 according to Brophy. Others would suggest the Marlin Glenfield 25 was produced from 1972-1982."

Just found a thread on Rimfirecentral, and, apparently, Brophy got the years confused. There is another poster there, who also has a 1969 Glenfield Model 25.
Brophy did get the occasional thing wrong...:) Heck, there are a LOT of Marlins that nobody ever even heard of that he listed.

But for the most part, he's been pretty good. I do believe he needs to do an appendix or an Update to his book...

One of my favorite reference guides has SCADS of notes in the margins...LOL I fix/add/correct as I go.

· Registered
1 Posts
Glenfield Mod. 25 Scope

I recently recieved a Mod. 25 from my grandfather and was wondering what the easiest way to put a scope on it would be. I don't know if I can take it to a gunsmith, or if would be cheaper and not to difficult to do myself? If anyone could tell me what the best thing to do would be and maybe the best scope for the gun I would appreciate it.

· Registered
4 Posts
Just an FYI - I just acquired a Marlin model 100G, and the serial number is very small and really doesn't look like a serial number at all. On the left side of the rifle, towards the back where the bolt is, there is a very small IH printed. Sept 1969.

· Registered
10,887 Posts
If it has a 3/8ths rail, the Weaver 49515 scope rings are WONDERFUL. Walmart.
Ok, found something just as good, if not better :)

https://www.rimfiretechnologies.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=50

Marlin 3/8" Picatinny Scope Base

THIS allows you to use regular RIFLE rings instead of .22 rings.
Also pretty much ends Ring Slip on 3/8" rails, which Marlins are famous for due to the slick finish on the actions. It has 6 screws instead of the two that are on the Weaver TO-10 rail...way more stable :)

Ordered mine last Thursday morning, it came in Saturday afternoon :)
I haven't even posted the PICS yet...still trying to decide which rifle to put it on ;)

21 - 40 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.