Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Marlin Glenfield Model 60 that I've had for over 20 years that has always had a hard trigger pull. I recently picked up another used model 60 for my daughter, and it has an even worse trigger pull. For being cheap .22s, they are amazingly accurate, but I'd like to make the trigger pull more smooth and more easy.

Anyone have some instructions on how to fix it? No, throwing them away is not on the top of my list. :)

Thanks in advance for any help...

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
My 60 is just awfull also. Unfortunately now is not the time for me to take it apart and assess the mechanism. At a later date, when I get sometime I'll look into it and give a post on what I find.

·
Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler
36,359 Posts
The M60 lower receiver is very intricate - the two sideplates keep the parts sandwiched between them. Getting them back together can be an exercise in frustration. I have heard of people doing this, but it's not for the faint-hearted. You'll need a good place to work, a very good breakdown schematic, and a very understanding gunsmith to take the bag of parts to later. :rolleyes:
Sorry, just a friendly warning. These things can be tricky. :cool:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK. Thanks for the warnings. If it's that tough, I'll probably leave it alone. Is there a common repair for these things, or does everyone just live with it like I have for the last 20 years? Would my local gunsmith know what to do with it, and would it be worth it (i.e. would it cost nearly as much as the gun costs to fix it)?

·
Registered
8,921 Posts
Big Dog is right about this I made the mistake many many years ago with the Mdl 60 of taking the group apart -- lets say it took a long time for me to get someone to put it back together (my presmithing days). Talk to a good smith and ask them to do a trigger job on it and you will both have a great time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts